Shut Up & Read discussion

Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4, Mercy Thompson World - Complete #11)
This topic is about Dead Heat
Archives- Buddy Reads > Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh | 16207 comments Mod
This is the discussion area for the Buddy Read of

Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4, Mercy Thompson World - Complete #11) by Patricia Briggs

We will start reading this book in August 17th.

Please feel free to join in and read with us at any time :)

Description:
The Alpha and Omega novels transport readers into the realm of the werewolf, where Charles Cornick and Anna Latham embody opposite sides of the shifter personality. Now, a pleasure trip drops the couple into the middle of some bad supernatural business…

For once, mated werewolves Charles and Anna are not traveling because of Charles’s role as his father’s enforcer. This time, their trip to Arizona is purely personal, as Charles plans to buy Anna a horse for her birthday. Or at least it starts out that way...

Charles and Anna soon discover that a dangerous Fae being is on the loose, replacing human children with simulacrums. The Fae’s cold war with humanity is about to heat up—and Charles and Anna are in the cross fire.

heart-3

Vaughn | 3426 comments Okay I have the CD audio book in my car that I can listen to and I found the e-book on my iPad but for some reason it's only on my iPad out of my computer not on my phone it's just simply just on the iPad. Which is a little inconvenience but that's okay. So this one might take us a little longer and that's fine. At least it's a good book.

message 3: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri | 12469 comments Mod
It would be so hard living for so long and watching everyone you love grow old.

Vaughn | 3426 comments Sheri wrote: "It would be so hard living for so long and watching everyone you love grow old."
Indeed. I hate how children are so often discredited. Max saw something spiritually horrid and was trying to express it and they ignored her.

message 5: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Aug 18, 2020 07:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vaughn wrote: "Sheri wrote: "It would be so hard living for so long and watching everyone you love grow old."
Indeed. I hate how children are so often discredited. Max saw something spiritually horrid and was try..."

Yes, kids are usually more observant than adults. She knew what she was talking about :)

message 6: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri wrote: "It would be so hard living for so long and watching everyone you love grow old."

Yes, that would be hard.

message 7: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vaughn wrote: "Sheri wrote: "It would be so hard living for so long and watching everyone you love grow old."
Indeed. I hate how children are so often discredited. Max saw something spiritually horrid and was try..."

Yes, we need to pay more attention to them.

message 8: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

How is it going? Where is everyone at?

Vaughn | 3426 comments I'm doing good. I've been driving in the car this morning so I'm listening to it. I think I'm a little less than half way. They're at the school dealing with the fetch.

message 10: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

This has been a slow read for me. It is more difficult to find the time to sit down and read. Still loving the story, though.

The Grey Lords are totally messed up! The poor children! Chelsea will be a handful for Hosteen...Just like Mercy was for Bran. It is sad about Joseph and the loss that will bring to Charles. He is still struggling with his role as enforcer and as mate to Anna. I think Anna and Charles would make good parents but their roles in the pack would not be conducive to parenthood. I like that Anna has been putting her new found power to good use. Teaching old dogs that she isn't a push over.

message 11: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

I would have loved to learn more about Chelsea after she was changed. She was very dominant.

message 12: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vaughn wrote: "I'm doing good. I've been driving in the car this morning so I'm listening to it. I think I'm a little less than half way. They're at the school dealing with the fetch."

It's funny that the CNTRP agents who were supposed to be fay experts had never actually had experience with the fay.

message 13: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Are either of you in the path of Laura?

Kids are back in school! It's going okay so far. We'll see how long it lasts. I've seen a lot of schools canceling after a few days.

Vaughn | 3426 comments I'm safe. Not to NC till Saturday. Our school system started school virtually here mostly. Our colleges started but many have head massive outbreaks so they are sending kids home and closing compasses.

message 15: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

I thought you were somewhere in that general area, but I couldn't remember where :) I'm in Iowa...No worries about hurricanes!

We had the option of going virtual, but both of my kids wanted to go back. I don't think it's going to last long, though. I expect them to close the schools in a couple of weeks.

Vaughn | 3426 comments You can never tell with NC, cause we get a little of everything. I do appreciate you asking I do think Leigh in in the past though.

message 17: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri wrote: "Are either of you in the path of Laura?

Kids are back in school! It's going okay so far. We'll see how long it lasts. I've seen a lot of schools canceling after a few days."

We were on the East side so we had wind and tornadoes. Wednesday we had 4 Tornado warnings. We had some family stay with us. They were in the direct path. Their area was completely devastated. Praise God! My family that lives in that area sustained minimal damage.

Vaughn | 3426 comments OMG! I'm glad your all are safe

message 19: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri wrote: "Vaughn wrote: "I'm doing good. I've been driving in the car this morning so I'm listening to it. I think I'm a little less than half way. They're at the school dealing with the fetch."

It's funny ..."

Yes, their expert was part fay which made him an expert.

Vaughn | 3426 comments I finished this book. There was so much going on in this one. We got to see a little back story on Charles.

message 21: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finally finished. I liked this one but it wasn't my favorite. I found it to be slow. While I love horses so of that detail just dragged. I wanted to know more about Chelsea, as well.

message 22: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Glad you're safe Leigh!

message 23: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vaughn wrote: "I finished this book. There was so much going on in this one. We got to see a little back story on Charles."

I'll always love learning more about Charles and Bran.

message 24: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I finally finished. I liked this one but it wasn't my favorite. I found it to be slow. While I love horses so of that detail just dragged. I wanted to know more about Chelsea, as well."

I would love a book where all the characters have to work together....Mercy and Adam, Charles and Anna, and of course Bran.

message 25: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

When do you ladies want to start Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs ?

message 26: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm ready whenever you are!

Vaughn | 3426 comments Ready too. I have night broken then storm cursed and burn bright. I apparently don't have fire touched or the last one.

message 28: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

How about Wednesday?

Vaughn | 3426 comments Perfect

message 30: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wednesday is good

message 31: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'll set it up