The Debating Club! discussion

The Conquerors > Join the group!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by OmniscientPerson (last edited Jan 25, 2021 09:10AM) (new)

OmniscientPerson (saumyashinde) | 197 comments Mod
Hey Everyone!
This is the team of 'The Conquerors'. If you would like to be a part of this team, please leave your names here! Aayushi and Alexa will be your team leaders.
The Members in this team are:
Branwenn
Lizzie
Doe
Cat
Ava
Haleema
Bookie Girl
Laura
Jatan
Snqobile
Katniss
Haruka
Julie
Ansh
Kat
Trisha
Cathy
Basant
Sojida
Anne
Jasmine
Carli (Annabeth Chase)
Jaiden
Benedita

message 2: by Cat (new)

Cat Carstairs | 42 comments I wanna be a Conqueror!

ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ ♥ Sushi Roll ♥ | 184 comments Mod
Great! I'm making a list of people on this team, if you want to leave, please pm me about it because I might not see your message on here. Thanks!

message 5: by Raphaella (new)

Raphaella I want to join too!

message 7: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone | 146 comments I want to be a Conquerer as well.

Welcome then...

message 10: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη If you mods are having trouble, you can alway sort us instead of letting us pick. You know that right?

message 11: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη Its what a lot of groups do when the do a read a thon. We can make a bunch of new friends this way too.

Thank you, we might just do that...And we can let the team debate on their own names.

message 13: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Hi everyone! Sorry for not being online just now but welcome to the team!!!

-Ava- wrote: "@Aayushi that would be nice!!"

Yes, I think we should do it that way....idk I'll ask the other mods.

message 15: by rose - 忻怡 - (last edited Aug 18, 2020 08:03AM) (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection)
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖗𝖘

1. Rose
2. Aayushi
3. Cat
4. Ava
5. Branwenn
6. Lizzie
7. Anika

message 16: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Did I get that right?

message 17: by Raphaella (new)

Raphaella I think you did

message 18: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany No, I don't see Doe in this team. (Not that I belong here! But I thought I'd mention that.) Doe commented on this thread, but didn't say anything about wanting to join.

Ya, Doe isn't on this team

message 20: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Whoops sorry guys! I'll edit that at once

message 21: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη What are you even debating? What are the teams for?

message 22: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany The team debating starts in September. We will reveal the answers to your questions then. We're just getting the teams sorted at this time.

-Ava- wrote: "Ok! So excited!"

Yay! I'm glad!

message 24: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη Well then can I join? Whatever team, but know that I might not be available due to school

message 25: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη Yaaaaaaas

message 26: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Heya everyone!!!!

message 27: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη Yello!

message 28: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone | 146 comments Hey!

Guys, we got this, we can win! I'm not sure what the debate topic is yet though, I'll check with Saumya, and see how it's going to work.

message 30: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (It's Summer Is Better than Winter.)

message 31: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) NOT WE CAN, IT'S WE ARE GOING TO WIN!!!! AND I'M GOING TO BED NOW SO GN

message 32: by OmniscientPerson (new)

I don't belong in this group, but sorry for you The Conquerers, The Dominatorz are the winners!

Wait, hold up. Is summer better than winter? How will this work? Is one team supposed to be defending the summer side, and the other team is defending the winter side? You also do realize we have like no judge. Sorry not trying to sound negative but I'm like super confused rn.

message 34: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Go to the Is Summer Better than Winter thread and read what Saumya wrote at the top of the page.

message 35: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Hey everyone, I'm up!!! So, any ideas? I think winter is better cuz when we juxtapose summer and winter, we could easily spot the difference: summer is hot, while winter is cold. Surely everyone must prefer the cold to the hot?! During hot days, people eat ice cream and iced drinks to chill themselves, doesn't that prove that even in summer, people are desperate for that cold?

In winter, you not only could rejoice in the cold, but also learn to appreciate the warm drinks and crackling fires which you would definitely not do that in summer. Furthermore, winter brings snow and snow is truly a unique and wonderful experience you wouldn't get in summer!!!

Winter is usually dry. If you had to choose, would you choose sweating all over to shivering pleasantly in the winter breeze? To me, I would definitely choose winter. Whether it is the scenery or the temperature, winter definitely outranks summer. Who would want the blazing, scorching sun when you can relax blissfully in a silvery magical winter wonderland?

message 36: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (You posted your argument in the wrong thread. It goes in the Is Summer Better than Winter thread.)

message 37: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone | 146 comments I agree Rose, that's a good argument. I don't like summer as much because whenever I step outside, it makes me sweaty and makes me smell.

I think she was just talking to the group?

message 39: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone | 146 comments yeah that's what I thought to

message 40: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (Oh. I thought it was for the debate. It sounded like part of a debate.)

message 41: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone | 146 comments well, the top part she asked, so any ideas?

message 42: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (Ah, I see. Well, I don't belong here anyway, so bye.)

message 43: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Yeah I was talking to the group

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments Hey guys what are these groups for? Sorry i've only been in this group for a day so i don't really know but if its not too late can i join?

message 45: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany These groups are for debating. If you'd like to join, please contact the creator, Saumya, and request to be sorted into a group.

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments Tiffany wrote: "These groups are for debating. If you'd like to join, please contact the creator, Saumya, and request to be sorted into a group."

Oh okay thanks!

message 47: by OmniscientPerson (new)

Hey! I know I don't belong in this team, but you guys have got a new member!
AnnabethChase!

message 48: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone | 146 comments Hey AnnabethChase, Welcome to our group!

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments Lizzie {Liz S.} wrote: "Hey AnnabethChase, Welcome to our group!"

Ava ~ Bookish wrote: "Awesome!!! Welcome AnnabethChase!!!"

Saumya wrote: "Hey! I know I don't belong in this team, but you guys have got a new member!
AnnabethChase!"

Hi, and thanks! And just to let you know, you can call me Carli if you want. That's my real name.

message 50: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Hey Carli!!!!! Glad to have you here :)))

« previous 1