Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Need help with author name and book cover

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nelson (last edited Aug 15, 2020 03:49PM) (new)

Nelson A. Paguyo (paguyomd) | 3 comments Hello,
I am an author and I tried adding my book to GoodReads. My account was made by my previous publisher and I now have access to it. When adding my book, I forgot to upload the cover. Could someone update to include the cover? My next question is, am I able to update my Author's name? It does not have MD included, nor do the books that I have on my profile. If someone could help me out with this I would really appreciate it. My author name is accurate on the book in question. Thanks so much.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Nelson wrote: "Hello,
I am an author and I tried adding my book to GoodReads. My account was made by my previous publisher and I now have access to it. When adding my book, I forgot to upload the cover. Could som..."

Goodreads does not use MD or any other Suffixes or Prefixes with author names.

The only suffixes used are those part of the actual name, such as Jr. or "III"

You can put your degrees and qualifications in your biography.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25171 comments On GR we don't include any references to Doctors, Revs, Sirs or any other honorific. It is specifically against GR policy, regardless of what's on the cover of the book.

Cover added.

message 4: by Nelson (new)

Nelson A. Paguyo (paguyomd) | 3 comments Sandra wrote: "On GR we don't include any references to Doctors, Revs, Sirs or any other honorific. It is specifically against GR policy, regardless of what's on the cover of the book.

Cover added."

I understand. Thank you for adding the cover.

message 5: by Nelson (new)

Nelson A. Paguyo (paguyomd) | 3 comments Suzi wrote: "Nelson wrote: "Hello,
I am an author and I tried adding my book to GoodReads. My account was made by my previous publisher and I now have access to it. When adding my book, I forgot to upload the c..."

Thank you for letting me know