What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Making Bombs for Hitler
This topic is about Making Bombs for Hitler
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young adult historical fiction holocaust book about a non-jewish girl in a concentration camp who gets special privileges because the Germans notice that she is good at sewing. Spoilers ahead? [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ada (new)

Ada | 2 comments This is a children's or young adult holocaust historical fiction book (in English) that I read a few years ago, around 2015-2018, about a non Jewish girl who gets put in a concentration camp during the holocaust. Pretty sure this is happening in Poland. She gets privileged because she is good at sewing and ends up working with clothes and stuff, she becomes friends with the other woman working there who is a high rank in the camp and gets extra clothes and warmth and other privileges. I am pretty sure the girl's name is Luisa or something like that. She survives and near the end of the book is looking for the rest of her family to get reunited, I think she finds them but I'm not sure. I think the girl also had a younger sister in the camp, but I don't remember if she survived. I remember the cover having a photograph of a girl standing in front of a bunch of bombs. The book seemed to be written pretty recently, definitely in the 21st century.

message 2: by RabbitMilitia (last edited Aug 17, 2020 11:24AM) (new)

RabbitMilitia | 243 comments Maybe Making Bombs for Hitler by Marsha Skrypuch? The MC is named Lida and some versions of the cover show her standing surrounded by bombs

message 3: by Ada (new)

Ada | 2 comments @RabbitMilitia Yes! That's it! Thank you so much!

message 4: by RabbitMilitia (new)

RabbitMilitia | 243 comments Yay! Glad to help! :)