Indie Authors & Books discussion

Authors > Author Book Page

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Crunden | 128 comments Mod
Authors, feel free to post about your books here. Cover links are encouraged!

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Mar 16, 2021 11:23AM) (new)

Hello!

description

My name's Rebecca. :) I write primarily science fiction, fantasy, romance and action/adventure. The covers of most of my books are below.

These Violent Nights by Rebecca Crunden Haze by Rebecca Crunden Dust & Lightning by Rebecca Crunden A Game of Wings and Marks by Rebecca Crunden A Touch of Death (The Outlands Pentalogy #1) by Rebecca Crunden A History of Madness (The Outlands Pentalogy #2) by Rebecca Crunden A Promise of Return (The Outlands Pentalogy #3) by Rebecca Crunden A Dance of Lies (The Outlands Pentalogy #4) by Rebecca Crunden A Time of Prophecy (The Outlands Pentalogy #5) by Rebecca Crunden

*These Violent Nights is a new fantasy/science fiction novel set in a futuristic Earth.

*Haze is a paranormal mystery romance, contemporary setting.

*A Game of Wings and Marks is an urban fantasy romance.

*Dust & Lightning is a science fiction novella, straight up action/adventure, no romance.

*A Touch of Death is the first in a five part series that's fully published. The books are dystopian sci-fi and have various main characters. There's a map for the book series on my blog. :)

message 3: by Skylar (new)

Skylar Shoar | 1 comments Hello everyone,

My debut novel - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕗 𝕌𝕤 - is the first installment of the "𝒰𝓈 𝒟𝓊𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓎" and will be available on Amazon from 1 October 2020.
It's a steamy, NA Romance, told from both Cassidy and Harly's points of view, allowing the reader to experience emotions and thoughts from two vastly different characters.
Cassidy and Harly's journey is filled with emotional struggles, but there's no denying that these two are stronger together.
Life has a way of testing us, pushing us, and sometimes even breaking us.Love has a way of sewing us back together ~ 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭:

🦋 🦋 🦋 🦋

Cassidy Knite is a young, naive journalist student with a childhood aspiration of interning at The Artefact - one of New York's most successful newspapers.
This becomes reality when Harly Ashbey, publisher for her dream newspaper, presents an opportunity to Cassidy's class.Their attraction is undeniable, and for the first time in his life, Harly ignores the powerful voice of guilt he secretly battles with.
𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓼 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓪𝓼𝔂, 𝓪𝓽 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝔀𝓸.
With Cassidy's self-doubt, unwanted advances and Harly's disapproving mother, their passionate journey is turbulent.A rollercoaster of events and a whirlwind of drama sweep these lovers into a scandal that could break them.
Friendships are tested and tempers erupt.
𝙄𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡?

Triggers: Profanity, mature scenes and violence.

In the weeks leading up to the release, I will be sharing teasers from the novel so keep an eye out for these.
You can find me on:
https://www.facebook.com/skylarauthor/
https://www.instagram.com/skylar_shoa...
https://twitter.com/ShoarSkylar
I would love to build a following :-)

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilythesmelly) | 1 comments Vampires Don't Need An Invitation
Vampires Don't Need an Invitation is a self-aware, Young Adult, standalone vampire romance novel.
The last thing Grayson thought he’d have to worry about his freshman year of college was vampires. Making friends, getting his work done on time, the freshman fifteen? Sure. Vampires? Definitely not. Yet, here he is, the survivor of a vampire attack, nursing a huge crush on the vampire who rescued him.
Leah hasn’t been close with a human since she was one, twenty years ago. She hadn’t realized how much she missed it, missed being around someone with eighteen years worth of baggage instead of a hundred. When a dangerous group of vampires moves into town, she decides to fight for Grayson’s humanity since no one fought for hers.
In this clever reimagining of the vampire romance novel, Leah and Grayson come to question the pervasive tropes that keep influencing how their relationship forms and must decide for themselves which literary precedents they’ll allow to color their own feelings.

description
The Color Thief is the charming first installment in The Color Thief series of fantasy New Adult novels.
The King and Queen of Teqell have kept a terrible secret for twenty-seven years. Now, it's killing them. Magic is draining them of their color, and they are dying. Princess Helena is obligated to marry and ascend to the throne, told to ignore what she has learned and accept their fate, but she cannot.
Instead, she hatches a flimsy plan with the Dresden, one of her Royal Guards, to right this wrong. They must help each other travel across the kingdom that she helps rule but has largely never seen while evading other Guards who would bring them back to the castle and stop short their quest. On the way, Helena must also struggle with her changing and complicated feelings about her own family, keep her first and only friend, and reevaluate magic's role in her kingdom.

description
The Color Plague is the exciting second installment in The Color Thief series of fantasy New Adult novels.
Iria should have been a Princess. Instead, she spent twenty-seven years struggling to survive in the Wasteland beyond her kingdom's borders. Now, thanks to the love and bravery of her sister, Iria finally has the life she was born to. She never has to worry or struggle again.
So why is she still unhappy?
When her magic finds the source of the plague that has been killing witches, it becomes clear that Iria is the only person with a chance of stopping it. Iria hopes that this quest will allow her to avenge a fallen friend, but doing so would require her to stop grieving and move on, and she’s not sure how to do that yet. She’s not sure how to be part of a team, either, and she’ll be forced onto one that doesn’t know her but fears her anyway, and she’ll have to battle their distrust as well as the plague.

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Emily wrote: "
Vampires Don't Need an Invitation is a self-aware, Young Adult, standalone vampire romance novel.
The last thing Grayson thought he’d have to worry about his freshman year of colle..."

These look awesome! :D

message 6: by S.Lynn (new)

S.Lynn Helton (slynnhelton) | 3 comments Hello all!

I'm Lynn. I write fantasy and children's books. Here are my books as of this posting:

Duplicity of Power (Wild Heritance, #1) by S. Lynn Helton Power Awry (Wild Heritance, #2) by S. Lynn Helton Power Redeemed (Wild Heritance, #3) by S. Lynn Helton Trial Run (Wild Heritance, #0.5) by S. Lynn Helton Bye-Bye Magpie by S. Lynn Helton

Duplicity of Power: Book 1 of the Wild Heritance series.
Entangled in another’s quest to restore a legendary artifact of Power, Namid defies power struggles, the machinations of gods, and the dangers of a past thought left behind to pursue this fool’s errand that is key to the fate of the Six Realms.

Power Awry: Book 2 of the Wild Heritance series.
After escaping a mystical attack, Namid resolves to find her one remaining brother before disaster engulfs him too. But she cannot count on her magic, as her command of it begins to fracture.

Power Redeemed: Book 3 of the Wild Heritance series. (The conclusion of the Wild Power story arc within the series.)
Seeking a way to pry the dangerous blood Power from her own strong magic, Namid becomes embroiled in a leadership dispute in the far north and a dangerous gambit to restore a destroyed city.

Trial Run: A Wild Heritance prequel novella from a time before Duplicity of Power.
Before she can take her place among the Shadowers, a select guild of rogues in the city of Rhadanthus, Namid faces her Trial: a demanding test of her skills with weapons and thievery. She only hopes that she’s not outmatched…

Bye-Bye Magpie: A children's animal picture book.
Kids play in the sun.
Meeting creatures that live near.
Won’t you join the fun?

Haiku-style verse and appealing, original illustrations introduce several native animals common to the western U.S.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

S Lynn wrote: "Hello all!

I'm Lynn. I write fantasy and children's books. Here are my books as of this posting:

Duplicity of Power (Wild Heritance, #1) by S. Lynn Helton Power Awry (Wild Heritance, #2) by S. Lynn Helton [bookcover:Power Redeemed|..."

These look awesome! Thanks for linking! :D

message 8: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Summers | 3 comments Good morning/afternoon/evening. :) I'm Matt, and I write in the fantasy and sci-fi worlds that reside in my head. My first series is a fantasy/sci-fi portal blend known as the Dreamwalker series.

The first book is
The Draconic Pipeline

Here we meet Mark, a Pipeline Worker in the dystopian sci-fi world, and our first introduction to Dreamwalkers. Mark, having never known anything but life as a Worker, finds this new world a tantalizing dream until he faces life-or-death situations in both worlds.

The second book of the series is
The Alchemist's Dream

We return to the dual worlds of the Dreamwalkers, 14 years after the events in The Draconic Pipeline. This time, Alana, a young alchemist, discovers the method behind how the Dreamwalker ability is passed when she awakens in the horrific reality that is the other world.

message 9: by Rebecca (last edited Dec 13, 2020 03:20AM) (new)

Those look awesome!! Dystopian sci-fi books are my jam ❤

message 10: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Summers | 3 comments Rebecca wrote: "Those looks awesome!! Dystopian sci-fi books are my jam ❤"

I wish I could take credit for the cover artwork, but I made stick figures look bad. :) The gal that did these though is absolutely fabu.

One thing I didn't mention, I'm writing the series specifically to be stand-alones. You don't have to have read book 1 to read book 3, etc.

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

I went to add the first one to my TBR and realised I already had it! Can't wait! :)

message 12: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 2 comments Hi, I'm Kasey. I don't have one specific genre I prefer to write; I just like writing. I have a nonfiction travelogue published, a fantasy anthology I participated in with Rebecca, and my most recent work, a smutty erotic romance novel called Proof. It's being described as fun, flirty, steamy, and full of cool characters!

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Kasey wrote: "Hi, I'm Kasey. I don't have one specific genre I prefer to write; I just like writing. I have a nonfiction travelogue published, a fantasy anthology I participated in with Rebecca, and my most rece..."

So happy you're publishing more!

message 14: by Trana (last edited Feb 19, 2021 10:37AM) (new)

Trana Mathews (tranamathews) | 7 comments Hello all! I write historical fiction similar to David McCullough or John Jakes. The difference is that I'm writing about my ancestors.

I was very worried when McCullough's The Pioneers was going to be published. I'd been working on my historical family saga for over 4 years! Luckily, nothing he wrote about my 4th great grand-uncle or 3rd great grand-uncle was similar to mine.

The Mathews Family (Mathews Family Saga, #1) by Trana Mathews The Mathews Family is the coming-of-age story of Increase Mathews who witnesses the birth of the United States. His uncle is Brigadier-General Rufus Putnam who was Washington's military engineer and is called "The Father of Ohio." Older brother John had been a surveyor apprentice for Rufus and is with the group of men sent by the Confederated Congress to survey the Seven Ranges in 1786, and he remains in Ohio. Increase's eldest sister also settles in the Northwest Territory before the beginning of the Indian War which lasted almost 10 years. This novel is a blend of fiction and fact based on transcripts on actual letters written between family members.

Dr. Increase Mathews Family Saga Book 2 by Trana Mathews Dr. Increase: Mathews Family Saga Book 2 In 1798 Increase kept a journal as he traveled from Massachusetts to Ohio to see its opportunities because he has competition with two other physicians in his hometown. Without a steady job, he can't marry his love or purchase land. His diary provides remarkable insights into our country's early beginnings. You should read what this 18th century man had to say! *hint* He hated staying somewhere that was infested with fleas!

message 15: by Cendrine (last edited Mar 16, 2021 11:19AM) (new)

Cendrine Marrouat (cendrinemarrouat) | 7 comments Hello everyone!

Here are some of my latest books.

Cendrine Marrouat

In the Silence of Words A Three-Act Play by Cendrine Marrouat When the Mind Travels A Poetic Journey by Cendrine Marrouat Bad. Pitches. Period. 30 Flavors of Spammy Emails by Cendrine Marrouat Songs in Our Paths Haiku & Photography (Volume 1) by Cendrine Marrouat Walks A Collection of Haiku (All the Volumes and More!) by Cendrine Marrouat Seizing the Bygone Light A Tribute to Early Photography by Cendrine Marrouat Blog Your Way to Success 35+ No-Nonsense Tips for Authors and Writers by Cendrine Marrouat The Little Big eBook on Social Media Audiences Build Yours, Keep It & Win by Cendrine Marrouat Rhythm Flourishing A Collection of Kindku and Sixku by Cendrine Marrouat Photography of Life and Living The Black and White Book by Cendrine Marrouat

I am a poet, photographer and the author of 30+ books. I have also created several poetry forms, a type of digital image, and a literary genre. Feel free to message me if you want to challenge yourselves as writers. :-)

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Cendrine wrote: "Hello everyone!

Here are some of my latest books.

Cendrine Marrouat

In the Silence of Words A Three-Act Play by Cendrine Marrouat [bookcover:When the Mind Travels: A Poeti..."

Oh my gosh, so many! That's so impressive!!

message 17: by Cendrine (new)

Cendrine Marrouat (cendrinemarrouat) | 7 comments Thank you, but I have been a writer for 15 years now. :-)

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Cendrine wrote: "Thank you, but I have been a writer for 15 years now. :-)"

It's still very cool! :D

message 19: by Cendrine (new)

Cendrine Marrouat (cendrinemarrouat) | 7 comments Rebecca wrote: "Cendrine wrote: "Thank you, but I have been a writer for 15 years now. :-)"

It's still very cool! :D"

I'll take the compliment! ha ha ha ha ha

message 20: by A.E. (new)

A.E. Bennett (booksbybennett) | 5 comments Hi y'all! My book is about three months old now and, NGL, I'm on the hunt for a review or two ;)

FREE on KU!

Gathering of the Four: Book One of the Serrulata Saga

message 21: by James (new)

James Mordechai | 1 comments Hello,

I'm James. I've published my first novella through Amazon: The Gottingen accident
The Gottingen accident by James F. Mordechai
It's about three famous scientists -Darwin, Curie and Schroedinger (and his cat) - turned superheroes because of an accident that made them acquire superpowers linked to their research. They will fight against a famous mathematician called Bernhard Riemann, that wants to subvert the very fabric of the Universe by using non-Euclidean geometry.
If you like New Weird, Cosmic Horror, Sci-fi with a superhero twist, then this is for you. It's a wild ride, as you can see from the reviews here in Goodreads, so if would like to read a quick fast-paced mind-blowing adventure this is up your street.

thanks!

message 22: by Kyt (new)

Kyt Wright | 5 comments Mermaid Tails Seven Salty Stories By by Kyt Wright
Hi, I'm Kyt (pronounced Kit) and I've recently released my fifth stand-alone book. Set in a fictionalised version of St. Ives; it's about the lives, loves and adventures of local artist, Jackie "Jacko" Tremayne, and his odd half-sister, "Flick" Felicity.

Best described as a mermaidy adventure rom-com;
Mermaid Tails is a set of seven interlinked stories and is a fun read with exciting and touching moments.

message 23: by L.L. (last edited Jun 27, 2021 11:20AM) (new)

L.L. MacRae | 1 comments Hello! I'm Lauren! The Iron Crown is the first book in a new epic fantasy series (it's also in SPFBO currently) - if you love dragons, magic, and curses in an adventure fantasy setting, you'll probably like it! There are also diverse characters (one POV character is a lesbian), griffins, and amnesia done in an interesting way!

Feedback so far has been pretty good :D

The Iron Crown (Dragon Spirits, #1) by L.L. MacRae

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...
eBooks: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NZMTSXT
(signed) paperbacks: https://llmacrae.com/shop/p/theironcrown

Any questions, please let me know!

message 24: by Rebecca (new)

L.L. wrote: "Hello! I'm Lauren! The Iron Crown is the first book in a new epic fantasy series (it's also in SPFBO currently) - if you love dragons, magic, and curses in an adventure fantasy setting, you'll prob..."

The Iron Crown looks great!!

message 25: by S. (new)

S. Kaeth (skaeth) | 8 comments The Iron Crown was great! I'm a sucker for dragons. But I really enjoyed how the world felt fresh, too and -- I still need to write my review (obviously)....

message 26: by Elle (new)

Elle Stockton | 4 comments Hi all,

My name is Elle and I have written a second book of short stories that released at the end of April. The book is a page-turner and has mysteries for the reader to solve. It is Free on Kindle Unlimited until July 23rd.

The name of my book is "Bourbon Street Nocturne and Other Short Stories." There are several reviews on Goodreads if you'd like to read them.

I need reviews on Amazon. If you like some flash fiction and short stories, please go to: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/057...

Thank you,
Elle Stockton

message 27: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Holme | 1 comments Hello!

My new (first) book, Beet Life: A Health & Lifestyle Guide To Show Your Life Who's Boss By: Your Girl @Beets_By_Beth: Beth Gethard, comes out September 8th, but you can pre-order a discounted copy today at https://booksbybeetsbybeth.com/ !!

Beet Life is an absurd satire of health & lifestyle and social media influencer culture written by Tyler Holme from the perspective of a fictional health & lifestyle blogger known on Instagram as @beets_by_beth.

After receiving over 100 followers on Instagram, Beth has decided to do what every extremely successful social media influencer does when they amass a huge following: write a self-help book full of unsolicited life advice for whoever will read it!

Life isn’t always easy. However, Beth has been doing GREAT at it recently. In this book, Beth offers you - her loyal #beetbabes - sage wisdom and guidance so that you can find the best version of yourself and be more like her! You will learn how to effectively improve your name to fit your true personality, how to identify which of your friends may be a sneaky snake out to sabotage you, the perfect amount of revenge to seek on a recent ex, and ultimately how to Beet Life. The book also features full-color photos of Beth (and her Domestic Lover Greg), illustrations by Beth, and some of Beth's favorite beet-based recipes.

Beet Life A Health & Lifestyle Guide To Show Your Life Who's Boss By Your Girl @Beets_By_Beth Beth Gethard by Tyler Holme

message 28: by Maxime (last edited Sep 02, 2021 09:54AM) (new)

Maxime Jaz (maximejaz) | 4 comments Hi!

My first book "Fall" is out on amazon and free on KU.
It's MM romance laced with erotica. A tale of self-discovery and finding love.
When you think you have everything, one small step twists your life around.

Golden-boy and medical student Jake has everything laid out for him: wealth, studies, and a brilliant girlfriend. A life people could only dream of. Until one morning, he trips during his morning run and is helped up by a kind stranger. This should be it, but Jake can’t get those green eyes out of his mind. There’s only one tiny problem: they belong to a man.
This encounter triggers a series of ripple effects which will haul their lives over and lead them down unknown paths. An all-consuming burning love with heights and lows, and a pit of suffering, will shatter Jake’s world of lies, and shed light on truths he is terrified of embracing.
Will Jake take that step into the unknown void he’s facing? Will Doug be there to catch him?
As both of them plummet to depths unknown, will their love be strong enough to bridge the gaps between their worlds, and make them overcome the obstacles put in their paths?
Fall by Maxime Jaz

message 29: by Kyt (new)

Kyt Wright | 5 comments Hi there, my name's Kyt Wright and I write in a number of styles;

Sirkkusaga by Kyt Wright Sirki's Children by Kyt Wright Love Bites by Kyt Wright The Journals of Professor Guthridge by Kyt Wright Mermaid tails by Kyt Wright

message 30: by Kyt (new)

Kyt Wright | 5 comments My latest piece of science fiction.
The Bliss Bay Stories
The Bliss Bay Stories by Kyt Wright

message 31: by Denise (new)

Denise Eaton | 1 comments Arigale: Spite in the Spirit
Arigale Spite in the Spirit by Denise O. Eaton

Hello! This is my debut work and the first in a fantasy series. I am working on book two, but book one has been pretty stagnant for three months. I feel it would be a big boost in morale for me to get a few reviews going.

You can find out more about my series and see some writing samples at my website arigalefantasy.com.

For a quick glance, here is the first book's synopsis:

Judith and Chit are called to the lonely tower outside their city with little explanation. The one who summoned them is an old, elven wizard named Maleth, who will send them on a quest to lower their floating city of Arigale to where it once resided. Maleth is intrigued by Judith’s strange form of necromantic magic, yet he is also certain of the anxious young man in training to be a spearman and scholar.

Judith, a bubbly yet mysterious young woman, is eager to accept. Chit remains withdrawn and cautious, a remnant of being raised by the Order that presides over their land. Soon, both discover their meeting with the wizard carried dire consequences. Can they accomplish what has been asked of them and save Arigale by exploring the land below, no matter the lengths they must go to?

message 32: by Ana (last edited Dec 27, 2021 04:57PM) (new)

Ana Stanojevic (pridepastelcrown) | 1 comments Hello everyone!

My name is Ana and I have published my debut novel, Fire Wave, which is a superheroine and the first in Fire Wave trilogy. It is already out, being published on March 1st, 2021.

Plot synopsis: Aiyana never expected that her life would change drastically.

After having a near-death experience and her company being attacked, Aiyana is shocked to wonder who would attack the work place and for what purpose. She found out that some classified chemicals had been stolen from Ihode Labs but despite the warning from the Head of the Company, Aiyana pursues her curiosity even further.

She soon learns that there is an evil brewing, nestled somewhere in Earth. Wanting to stop the threat, Aiyana never expected to do something that would be out of her league.

These are all my links as to where you can find me:

Blog: https://pridepastelcrown.weebly.com/
Author’s website: https://anastanojevic.weebly.com/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/firewavetri...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/FireWaveTrilogyFire Wave

Thank you so much!

message 33: by H.K. (new)

H.K. (hkrowe) | 1 comments Unbridled
Unbridled by HK Rowe

Hello,
My name is Heather, but I go by H.K. Rowe. I'm sharing my first book with you all. It's a Crime/Noir Erotica, and recently I released a second edition with a new cover.
The cover is mine as well because my job is a designer.

Here's the summary:
Two orphan brothers, Ethan and Brian, are taken in by their rich cousins, only to become involved in a dangerous and risqué romance with their beautiful daughter Elekta. Elekta becomes enthralled with both brothers, but she cannot resist the darkness that follows the oldest brother, Ethan. Though he denies her advances, she vows to save him when she learns about his dangerous liaisons. She becomes torn when the youngest brother Brian opens his kind, gentle heart and professes his love for her.

As each brother falls for her further, dark secrets arise that weaken their strong bonds. The three of them become entwined in the brutality of the shady underworld, and they must decide what is more important: the freedom of passion or the loyalty of family.

It's FREE on KU.
I have some other stories as well, all of them free on KU as well.

My author blog is hkrowe.com. Thanks!