Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Complete HistFic/coming-of-age story set in Ancient Roman times

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.U. (new)

J.U. Scribe (juscribe) | 7 comments I'm looking for multiple betas for the 2nd book in my series, Roman Identity. It is about 31K words. Takes place ten years after the 1st book (Before the Legend) although you can pick up this story and follow it without having to read the first book to understand what's going on (although the first book gives more context). I'm looking for a beta that can help me mostly with strengthening the direction of my plot, characterizations, world-building, checking for inconsistencies, inaccuracies, and anything else that needs work (eg. grammar).

Here's a blurb:
Everyone expected him to be strong. They didn't know he was still grieving his mother. That at fourteen he had not fully "adjusted" to his father's expectations. And now he has little time to prepare his own troubling feelings as the Tribute memorial approaches. As the anniversary arrives, Troy finds himself preparing for something else-his role in the kingdom of Aegea. His new role can change the way his father sees him or how he even views himself. But an unexpected surprise comes along the way that might give him a new outlook on life.

If you're interested please reply here or PM me on Goodreads and we can discuss what options you prefer to communicate feedback/notes.

message 2: by Jumpj1952 (new)

Jumpj1952 | 42 comments J.U. wrote: "I'm looking for multiple betas for the 2nd book in my series, Roman Identity. It is about 31K words. Takes place ten years after the 1st book (Before the Legend) although you can pick up this story..."

I would be happy to beta read your project. Please email me at Jumpj1952@hotmail.com Joseph

message 3: by J.U. (new)

J.U. Scribe (juscribe) | 7 comments Thanks so much for your interest. I'll send you a copy in your email of the full manuscript. Is Word doc fine. Or do you prefer Google docs?