Alpha Heroes & Spitfire Heroines discussion

All about Alphas/Gammas/Ubers > Favourite alpha book covers!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 229 (229 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz | 666 comments Mod
Some covers just sizzzzzzzzzzzzle--these are my favourite:

All the JR WARD Black Dagger Brotherhood ones except Dark Lover.

LORD OF THE DEEP Dawn Thompson (a really bad book but there's some really nice eye candy happening there!)

THE HIGHLANDER'S TOUCH Karen Marie Moning's (there isn't much but a big wow for what there is!)

THE BARBARIAN Judith E French (horrible book--hot cover!)

The first 3 ICE books by Anne Stuart--no people but I really like the sinister/sleepy covers

LORD OF SEDUCTION Paula Quinn (boring book)

A TALE OF TWO VIKINGS Sandra Hill

HIGHLANDER IN LOVE Julia London (alpha cover but beta hero :(

THE SEA KING Jolie Mathis (blah story)

SWORD OF DARKNESS Kinley MacGregor (Stooooopid story!)

CAINE'S RECKONING Sarah McCarty (ride 'em cowboy!!)

THE MERCENARY Cherry Adair (I like those possessive kissing covers ;)

FLYBOY Karen Foley

SLAVE TO SENSATION Nalini Singh (The tattoo ;)

MEN IN KILTS Katie MacAlister (a fun alpha cover)

A HARD DAY'S KNIGHT Katie MacAlister (same as above)

DEVIL'S MISTRESS Heather Graham (one of those "take me now" covers ;)

SWEET SAVAGE EDEN Heather Graham (same as above)

REBELLION Nora Roberts (just enough to wet your whistle)

READY Lucy Monroe

message 2: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae | 8 comments I second "Lord of the Deep." the book did suck, but the man on the cover...WHEW!

Soul Deep by Lora Leigh

To Trust a Wolf by Kate Steele

Brazen by Susan Johnson

Fetish by Sherri L King

Close to perfect by Tina Donahue

Seducing Simon by Maya Banks

All of Cat Johnson's military covers

When I was younger (much) I loved the following covers:

Anything with the Topaz man in it...ya'll remember Steve? He was HOT

While Passion Sleeps...it looks like a painting, but to my adolescent mind it was sizzling:) I remember thinking I couldn't wait until I was in a passionate embrace like that..lol

Angel by Johanna Lindsey

My list goes on and on...shhh don't tell anyone, but a LONG time ago (teenage years) I used to buy the book BECAUSE of the cover...(bodice cover days) I remember telling my mother to pick me up a book from the grocery store. When she asked which one...I told her the book with the sexiest cover...and she did.

I hate the way some covers are going now...some are WAY to cartoony. I miss the old days...sigh

message 3: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Daisiemae,

I'll show my ignorance here--who's the Topaz man?

I can add a few more to the favorite Alpha book covers:

From Lora Leigh:

Nauti Boy
Nauti Nights
Dangerous Games
Hidden Agendas
Killer Secrets, and I have to agree with
Soul Deep (my favorite)

also,

Long Hard Ride by Lorelei James
A Hard Man to Love by Kathleen Lawless
Lust in Uniform by Alli Nicole
A Tall Dark Cowboy by Mackenzie McKade
Big Guns Out of Uniform by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Hot & Heavy by Sandra Hill
Body Heat by Katherine Garbera
Perfect Weapon by Amy J. Fetzer

I could go on and on...

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Topaz Man Steve Sandalis, cover model :)

message 5: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Thanks Pamela--now I must go and 'google' him...

message 6: by Daisiemae (last edited Mar 23, 2008 07:59PM) (new)

Daisiemae | 8 comments Auntee...girl you have good taste all of those covers were pretty darn harem worthy..hee hee.
Me mentioning the Topaz man just aged me, huh? I bet if you google him, you'll recognize him...he sure was pretty...I liked him sooooo much better than Fabio...I remember thinking he was cute at first(Fabio) then I got sick of him. :)

message 7: by Eastofoz (new)

So I checked out all the poster worthy covers ;)you all listed and I can now add these to my favourites:

CLOSE TO PERFECT
HOT AND HEAVY
FETISH (that is one weird cover!)

Daisiemae there's no picture on Amazon for WHILE PASSION SLEEPS so I don't know what it looks like and ANGEL must have an updated cover because it's a picture of a quiet country house.

message 8: by Eastofoz (new)

Forgot to mention that I checked out Topaz man--never heard of him but that doesn't mean anything because I've only ever heard of Fabio and he's not someone I like to see on a cover--too much lion's mane hair and weird face. Topaz man's not for me either :( I loooove just about all of Karen Moning's Highlander covers--sigh, gasp, sigh, gasp....!! How do you find out who the cover model is anyway?

message 9: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae | 8 comments Lisa,
Well, keep in mind the topaz man was in the 90's time has changed!
Angel has been around for awhile. I was a teenager when I read it (I'm 38) so, I am sure the cover is different now. Even While Passion Sleeps probably isn't a risky cover, but I sure did look at it alot (I read and re-read that book over and over when I was in high school) Maybe I liked the cover of both books so much because I loved the books itself...hmmmm.

The man on Donna Kauffman's book "The Great Scot" is what I think of Male Beauty...not neccessary the Topaz Man anymore...but back in the day....

message 10: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments I did google him, and his website said he was on over 700 covers or something like that. So I scrolled thru some of them and...I only read one of those books! And it was a Lisa Kleypas book where he had weird orange hair! He's not a bad looking guy--just not my type...I think it may be the long hair...And Fabio--yuk! Don't like his face at all. :(

Eastofoz--I think the guy on KMM Highlander covers may be Nathan Kamp(sp?) a very fine looking cover model! Check him out...

message 11: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments By the way Eastofoz, thanks for the eye candy! You did pick the guy to represent the alpha man group, right? Nice work! :D

message 12: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 90 comments OH MY! I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about, so I googled the Topaz Man. Definitely better looking than Fabio (altho I don't remember him or any of the old book covers). He has that good-boy-next-door look, but with a hot bod! Do you know who he reminds me of? A young Matt Dillon.

Great choice on your picture for the group, Eastofoz.

Good Lord, I think I have definitely hit my late 30's!

message 13: by Eastofoz (new)

Auntee & Tammy glad you liked the pic :) Our poster boy is Albert Reed the model for the Abercrombie and Fitch ads. I scanned this one from a magazine. He's actually how I'd picture Rhage from Ward's LOVER ETERNAL ;) He doesn't look as good (IMO) on his website--ok he looks good but not "marble statue OMG I have died and gone to see the good lord" good ;) Check out the lips on that guy! Whoaaaa!

Shellie I checked out THE GREAT SCOT cover and he is cute but I like 'em a bit more ruff & tumble/rugged looking (lol!) As for the Topaz Man (why is he called that?) what book covers is he on? Maybe he'll look better....

Auntee I checked out Nathan Kamp's website and he doesn't look like the Moning model--but then again when you see Albert Reed you'd never guess it was the same guy, goes to show what lighting, makeup etc etc does! I emailed his website but the email bounced back :( There's nothing on Moning's website either about these lovely boys :( If anyone knows for sure, do share :)

message 14: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 18 comments If you really wanna see Eye-candy go to JR wards website under the message board for BDB. OMG Some of the avitars and siggies will have you drooling and I mean drooling...grab a towel as a bib.

message 15: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments This is why I can't get any reading done!

message 16: by Eastofoz (new)

LOL! Ward's covers are really good too.

message 17: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 18 comments How do you think I feel??? I have been ordering books or putting them on my wishlist. Hubby is gonna murder me!!!

message 18: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 90 comments ROTFL! The Abercrombie & Fitch model!!? That's pure genius!

I KNEW the model looked familiar. I have a teenage daughter who loves that store/gets the ads mailed to her and I can't help but notice some of the models. (It's that whole late 30's hormonal thing again)

message 19: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Is that the same Albert Reed who was on 'Dancing With the Stars' last year? I think I remember them saying he was a model--anyway, he got eliminated early! I don't remember him being THAT hot! He photographs really well... ;D

message 20: by Eastofoz (new)

LOL Christel! I've been dead and burried so many times with the number of books I've ordered this past year that I can't keep track! I try to keep hubby out of the home office where the book shelves are to avoid the typical comments from the peanut gallery :)

Tammy it took me forever to find out who that model was --I felt like I saw him everywhere too!--and then by total accident I think I saw the ad with a blurb on him in either Time or People magazine. I think he was the guy on Dancing with the Stars--I may have read that in People too. I don't get the show where I am so I don't know for sure, but I'm telling ya if you check out his other pics you'd never think it was the same guy 8-)

message 21: by Eastofoz (new)

Auntee you were right about Nathan Camp being one of the models for Moning's covers. There were 2 other guys too:

*Beyond the Highland Mist
Rob Ashton.

*Kiss of the Highlander
Nathan Kamp

*To Tame a Highland Warrior
Frank Sepe

Don't know if the other covers use the same male specimens though ;)

message 22: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Eastofoz,

You are so right about Albert Reed--he has a lot of different looks--some fabulous--some not so fab! How can that be? I looked at his website, and some of his pics are fantastic, some...very ordinary! I think you picked one of his 'fantastic' ones! :D

Poor Nathan--on a lot of his covers lately they've been 'chopping off his head'--what's with that?! He's one of the few models out there with an equally great head and body! If you check out his website--that first picture of him in the sunglasses--whew! I could look at him all day! Now I sound like a stalker...
He could definitely pass the 'Anne Stuart mouth test'! ;)

message 23: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 90 comments Okay. Now I HAVE to ask...

Auntee, what in the heck is the "Anne Stuart mouth test"? Those words alone bring some interesting visuals to my mind!

message 24: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Tammy,

LOL! Yeah, that does sound sort of kinky!

I just started reading Anne Stuart's 'Ice' series. It seems (to me) that Anne Stuart likes her heroes to look a certain way. They are all described as tall, lean (almost skinny), long dark hair, and what really stands out for me, is the way she describes their mouths (and what they can do with them)! You know how some authors go on and on about the hero's eyes, well, Anne Stuart does that with the hero's mouth! And it works! She definitely is fixated on the mouth! And to me, the Anne Stuart mouth test would be any guy that has a real kissable looking mouth, that's all! :D

message 25: by Eastofoz (new)

Auntee Yes 100% on Nathan Kamp passing the "Stuart mouth test!" (lol!) That certainly let's the imagination run away!!

message 26: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Just received my copy of Sasha White's "Sexy Devil" in the mail today. I had never seen this cover up close and in person. Boy was I surprised--very, very, revealing cover! I'm wondering how much farther they can go! This one definitely rates a paper cover over it... ;D

message 27: by Sam (last edited Apr 26, 2008 07:24AM) (new)

Sam | 13 comments Moning's Highlander covers are definately the Sexiest ones I have come across, especially the shots of the arms with tattoos on them.

message 28: by Inky (new)

Inky | 9 comments The cover of Moning's Dark Highlander is what made me buy it -- wow.

I haven't read any of Elizabeth Amber's books, but the covers on her Lords of Satyr series are almost too much. I'm pretty sure my eyebrows hit the moon the first time I saw the cover of Raine. Her books must definitely be 10-plus on the hot scale because if that model's hand had slipped just an inch...I would have needed resuscitation.

message 29: by Eastofoz (new)

Anybody check out this new book by Jami Alden:

http://www.amazon.com/Italian-Stallio...

It's not quite LORD OF THE DEEP (though it's the same published--LOL!), but my, my that's a nice bit of work we have there :p

message 30: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments My, my, East, you sure can pick 'em. Thanks for the link! That's definitely a 'buy online' kinda book!

message 31: by Eastofoz (new)

Gotta love the art/design department at Aphrodesia :D Check out this lovely cover for Sasha White's SEXY DEVIL [ deep breath now :p ]:

http://www.amazon.com/Sexy-Devil-Sash...

Damn pants are looking a bit stuck-ish :p

message 32: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments East,

That cover is way more revealing in person--you've got to have it in your hot little hands--it shows way more detail! lol

message 33: by rainmom (new)

rainmom thomas | 1 comments Well, this is a little late in response, but I just love Catherine Coulter's early release of Devil's Embrace (1985)cover. It's such a poignant portrait of the story. Also a hot alpha male hero, plus a spitfire heroine. Oooh la la was it hot.

message 34: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Dang, do we need to find that cover for this site?

I popped over to look and found these

If it's not one of these, do you know where I can find that book cover to add to Goodreads?

Thank you in advance

message 35: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn I think I found it the cover you were talking about. Uploaded it to the 1982 edition. Nice!

message 36: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Check out the cover of Erin McCarthy's upcoming book, called "Flat Out Sexy". I don't know if this guy's an alpha, but the cover sure fits the title! ;D

You may have to click on the 'find it at amazon' button--I don't think the cover is up here on goodreads yet...

message 37: by Eastofoz (new)

Just checked out the cover Auntee and yes the cover certainly does fit the title (lol!)

message 38: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 90 comments Auntee and East: I just checked out the cover on Amazon. Great chin dimple! I'm not sure I've ever finished an Erin McCarthy book. Doesn't she write paranormals? Amazon had this particular book tagged as erotica.

BTW: My first thought when I read the title FLAT-OUT SEXY was of Austin Power's, but that dude does NOT look like Mike Meyers!

message 39: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Hey Tammy,

Lately Erin McCarthy has been writing paranormals, but she has a back catalogue of some really good contemporaries too! I think this may be her first erotic romance.

OMG--I don't want to be imagining Austin Powers when I read this book! LOL!

message 40: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 90 comments Auntee:

I'll have to check out McCarthy's back list then. I'm not crazy about paranormals, but I do love my contemporaries and this new erotica looks promising.

So you don't like Austin Power's? You don't think he's sexy? LOL!!! I will forever have this mental picture of Fat Bastard stuck in my head now whenever I read reviews on this book!

message 41: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments It's the teeth, Tammy. I can't get past those teeth! LOL!

message 42: by Eastofoz (new)

It's the teeth, glasses AND mop on his head! LOL!

message 43: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Absolutely!!:)

message 44: by Laura (last edited Jun 19, 2008 08:56AM) (new)

Laura (laurastamps) Wow, ladies, those are some awesome covers! My fav is still the cover of Kenyon's "The Dream-Hunter."

Speaking of yummy guys with long dark hair, I had never heard of the Topaz Man until Shellie mentioned him. So I looked him up too. LOVE his hair, but the face is too.....what?.....baby-ish? I like them a tad more mature (grin).

Okay, speaking of these wild covers from East, I have been looking through my TBR pile to see which one I will take with me to my dental appointment in a few weeks. They expect shockers from me (that includes the dentist...he's a trip for sure). This is what I have decided to take.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/1...

What do you think? Definitely a HOT one, right? Should be good for some commentary. I can just hear my dentist choking right now when he asks me what I am reading (big smile). He's so easy!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)

message 45: by Eastofoz (new)

Those Aphrodisia covers are a riot Laura!! LOL on the one you chose! That'd be hilarious going into your dentist's office with that--LOL!!! I bought some nice bookcovers and now I don't have spies and gawkers when I take along "those" books :D

message 46: by Eastofoz (new)

Check out the "read me" cover and title of Natale Stenzel's THE DRUID MADE ME DO IT ;) This one's going on the wishlist!

message 47: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 494 comments Nice cover! One question--what's a 'puca'?

message 48: by Eastofoz (new)

It's a mischievous dark spirit---I didn't know either, I googled it ;D

message 49: by Collette (last edited Jul 11, 2008 12:09PM) (new)

Collette (vwbernie) | 1 comments Well since reading this thread yesterday, I have thought long and hard (hmmm thinking again ;) ) and I think that Fetish by King (I know it's a drawing) is my favorite cover so far. He makes me want to find a fetish. lol Whew!
All of the covers mentioned here are amazing though.
I am disappointed to hear that Thompson's Lord of the Deep is such a crappy book. :( I have it in one of my drawers but haven't read it yet. Oh well. Once in awhile there is a bad erotic novel. Night Spells comes to the top for me on that one.

message 50: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn That is a nice cover. I haven't been able to locate the cover I saw for a book that was missing a cover. I thought it was on Auntee's shelf, but I've been through her shelves and found covers for all her books.

I try to look for covers when I see friends adding books without and ran into one that was NUDE and I didn't upload it.

Auntee, it wasn't one of yours! ;-)

« previous 1 3 4 5