SCPL Teens discussion

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
Book Reviews & Recommendations > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling, Illustrated by Jim Kay

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sacha (new)

Sacha Gilbert | 28 comments Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone

Although it's likely that most people on Goodreads have read the Harry Potter series (or at least one of them), I would still recommend reading the illustrated versions.

I've recently bought the illustrated versions (by Jim Kay) and it's made the book much more interesting to read. Even though I enjoyed the imaginative aspect of the original books, seeing the illustrations made every couple of pages was very fun. It's clear that a lot of work had been put into making the drawings (especially with the formatting; the last page of every chapter had a good amount of words on it, but it's a pretty small detail).

Reading through the illustrated version of the book was much different for me than when I had first read the original books in middle school. You get to see how somebody else had envisioned it, and it's very entertaining.

10/10

Anya Wright | 4 comments I have always seen these types of books in the books store but I never was inclined to buy it because I already owned the regular book... do you think it would be work it to buy the illustrated ones as well?