Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book release date change

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica Woods | 5 comments Hi, I need help changing the release date of an upcoming book. I've already changed the date twice (book took longer than I thought), but I've been able to change it myself. Now, however, when I try, I get this error: 1 error prohibited this book from being saved:
Update default description can only be set by Goodreads Librarians

Here's the book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

I'd like someone to change the release date to september 30th 2020. And if possible, let me know why i suddenly can't change an upcoming release when I've always been able to? I contacted goodreads support but they sent me here.

message 2: by Elvenn (new)

Elvenn | 2730 comments Changed!

I don't know why you suddenly can't modify but I've seen similar complaints in the last week. Perhaps it's a bug? I'm just a volunteer- not Goodreads staff- so I can only tell you to contact Support. But perhaps other librarians know more about the problem.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14720 comments Erica wrote: "And if possible, let me know why i suddenly can't change an upcoming release when I've always been able to? I contacted goodreads support but they sent me here."

There are several threads in Goodreads Help about this, and Goodreads is aware of it. They are working on a solution.

message 4: by Erica (new)

Erica Woods | 5 comments Elvenn wrote: "Changed!

I don't know why you suddenly can't modify but I've seen similar complaints in the last week. Perhaps it's a bug? I'm just a volunteer- not Goodreads staff- so I can only tell you to con..."

Thank you!