Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > Please add : Shattering Her Perceptions By : Ruby Walters

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 5 comments Can someone add : Shattering Her Perceptions.
Author: Ruby Walters
Published : 2020
Was/is a freebie on Bookfunnel promotion.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25909 comments Sorry Bookfunnel isn't an allowable source.

If the book is published elsewhere without having to sign up we could add it.

message 3: by Samantha (last edited Aug 13, 2020 04:55AM) (new)

Samantha | 5 comments I have written to the author and told them/her to add it...
I can not find it on Amazon?!
I think the author has written some other books (4-5) according to the author page on Amazon?? But just 1 is added here on Goodreads?
Why isn't Bookfunnel a allowable source?

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25909 comments You have to sign up for it. I myself have a couple of books which also cannot be added to GR.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 5 comments You have to sign up for Bookfunnel? Or did I misunderstand something ?
So this book can not be added right now then?

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14982 comments Samantha wrote: "You have to sign up for Bookfunnel? Or did I misunderstand something ?
So this book can not be added right now then?"

No, it can't. If a book is published only through a site where you have to log in or become a member, it does not qualify as a book on Goodreads. This is also the case when the only way to get a book is by subscribing to an author's newsletter.

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 5 comments OK, thanks I did not know that. :)
Is this so that the site (Goodreads) does not get "littered" with all kinds of books or what ?
I have seen some authors/books that are available through Bookfunnel (quite many actually) that are here on Goodreads as well, and maybe that is because the books are available on other sites than Bookfunnel??

message 8: by Emily (last edited Aug 13, 2020 09:21AM) (new)

Emily | 14982 comments Sometimes it is because they are later (or otherwise) published in a traditional format.
Anyone can add books to Goodreads, so many books are on here that shouldn't be. Most people adding them I would think do not know the policy. We delete them as we come across them.

If you want to ask about the reasons behind the policy, you should write to Goodreads (from the Contact Us link in the description of this group).

This is part of the non-book items policy:
https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 5 comments OK, then I understand :)
And maybe the author can/will add it later on ?!