What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Lying Out Loud (Hamilton High, #4)
This topic is about Lying Out Loud
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fiction about a girl secretly living at her friends house and using their computer and identity to talk with a guy at their school. Minor Spoilers in description. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charli (last edited Aug 13, 2020 12:04AM) (new) - added it

Charli Ansell | 2 comments I only really remember small details about this story but the basic plot is that a girl was either kicked out of or left her house (troubles with her mum I think) and began living in her friend's house without their parents knowing. One night while using her friend's laptop for schoolwork someone messages her (through the friends laptop), he ends up being (I think) someone our main character didn't really like and wants to try and catfish him (without her friend's knowledge).
After her pretending to be her friend in order to talk to him (mainly about classic literature and how they really feel about their life) she eventually realizes that she likes him.
I know she had a job at an old movie theater that she was eventually fired from because she kept showing up late; mainly because of her old car that was named something like Harvey and her broken phone.
I believe there's a scene in which she's stuck in the rain and the aforementioned guy, not knowing who she is, offers her a ride.
I know I read this either last year or the year before and is likely not very old.
Unfortunately, that's all I can recall about it but if someone knows the title or author I will be ETERNALLY grateful.

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1255 comments Hi! Searching young adult novel "secretly living" "friend's house" this book came up: Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger. I read a review online and the plot details seem to match your description!

message 3: by Charli (new) - added it

Charli Ansell | 2 comments Mai wrote: "Hi! Searching young adult novel "secretly living" "friend's house" this book came up: Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger. I read a review online and the plot details ..."
Hi!
Thank you so much, that seems really simple, I'll give that a shot next time (sorry, I'm not too experienced with this sorta thing).
I am genuinely so grateful, I hope you have a really good day ❤️

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lying Out Loud (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kody Keplinger (other topics)