The Debating Club! discussion

T.V Shows/Movies/Plays Musicals > Hamilton...What's your opinion?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ ♥ Sushi Roll ♥ | 184 comments Mod
Do you like it or not?

message 2: by Cat (new)

Cat Carstairs | 42 comments I haven't seen the entire Hamilton play, but I had to listen to the whole soundtrack and watch certain scenes for my US History class. To me, it shouldn't have been used as a teaching device. From the standpoint without curriculum, I think Hamilton is an okay play, just heavily overrated.

I've seen the entire play, and I enjoyed it very much. However, some of the information was inaccurate. It made me hate Alexander because they didn't portray him correctly. Yes, he cheated on his wife Eliza 2 times, but that doesn't mean he didn't love her. He also kinda owned up to his mistakes when he wrote the Reynold's Pamphlet because he was telling everyone what he did wrong, he didn't try to hide it. I know that he wrote the Reynolds pamphlet out of misery and to keep his job, but it must have took some guts to write that all out and show the world about his secret affair.

message 4: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη Cat wrote: "I haven't seen the entire Hamilton play, but I had to listen to the whole soundtrack and watch certain scenes for my US History class. To me, it shouldn't have been used as a teaching device. From ..."

It is on Disney Plus for a limited time!

message 5: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Aayushi ♥ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ wrote: "I've seen the entire play, and I enjoyed it very much. However, some of the information was inaccurate. It made me hate Alexander because they didn't portray him correctly. Yes, he cheated on his w..."

Yes, some facts implied are wrong. He wasnt that close to George Washington, but the rivralry between Burr and him were right.

DᎾЄ wrote: "(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Aayushi ♥ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ wrote: "I've seen the entire play, and I enjoyed it very much. However, some of the information was inaccurate. It made me hate Alexander because they didn't portray him ..."

Wait really! I thought he was like suppppperrr close to him?

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments I LOVE Hamilton! One the best musicals ever!!!!

Queen Jenna the III (will-herondale) I love Hamilton as well! Sure, it's not completely factual, but what art is? I mean, seriously. Lin-Manuel Miranda did a stellar job with everything, from the lighting to the choreography to the costumes to the music.

message 9: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) I LOVE HAMILTON
That's all I need to say.
We're done here.

Queen Jenna the III (will-herondale) Ayla ~#TheFloorIsFloor~ wrote: "I LOVE HAMILTON
We're done here."

Mic drop.
. . .
. . .
. . .
I'm sorry, I have to.

That's all you have to say.
Okay, one more thing!

#HAMILTONQUOTE XD

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Ayla ~#TheFloorIsFloor~ wrote: "I LOVE HAMILTON
We're done here."

same here!

----
and the cast is my absolute life!

message 12: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) Queen Jenna the III wrote: "Ayla ~#TheFloorIsFloor~ wrote: "I LOVE HAMILTON
We're done here."

Mic drop.
. . .
. . .
. . .
I'm sorry, I have to.

That's all you have to say.
Okay, one more thing!..."

Yessssss

message 13: by Lillyyy (new)

Lillyyy Hamilton is probably one of my favorite musicals ever. Yeah, so maybe it isn't entirely correct, but it's still amazing

Queen Jenna the III (will-herondale) Lilly wrote: "Hamilton is probably one of my favorite musicals ever. Yeah, so maybe it isn't entirely correct, but it's still amazing"

Preach.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

agreed with bella :O

Queen Jenna the III (will-herondale) Bella ||I'll drag you into my realm|| wrote: "I see Hamilton as something that shouldn't be considered as a teaching device, because some is factually incorrect. On the other hand, it is an incredibly good musical, and should be appreciated wi..."

Yas.