The Debating Club! discussion

MODERATORS ONLY! > Moderators chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 203 (203 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

OmniscientPerson (saumyashinde) | 197 comments Mod
I think we can discuss all the things we can add and changes here.

I think soon when we have more members, we can add a BOTM where we can debate on that book.

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Great idea!

ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ ♥ Sushi Roll ♥ | 184 comments Mod
Yes!!! That's such a great idea!!! I invited 95 of my friends...hopefully most of them show up.

Once this group has enough people, maybe we can do like monthly challenges that are related to the BOTM? It, of course, involves debating....and the winner can be known as the debtor of the month or something. Idk, just thought so more people can join.

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany That does sound interesting. I like the idea a lot.

Hey! So I just made an announcement board. I was wondering if we can announce how we're going to do like a BOTM thing, and challenges. All that stuff. Is everyone ok with that? It'll motivate people to actually participate in the group.

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Sounds good to me.

Yep, I like the idea!

message 10: by OmniscientPerson (new)

Also, when we have more members, we can make teams, and maybe zoom chat? That would actually be a nice way to debate.

Yes!!! The zoom chat things sounds cool.

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Um, what is a zoom chat?

message 13: by OmniscientPerson (new)

It's basically a Video chat. You just use this app called 'Zoom' which is used for video chatting.

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Oh, that makes sense.

Hey! So now we have 29 members, I think we can start the whole challenge thing, and the BOTM in a few days.

Also, we can start our first zoom meeting soon, where we don't debate, but we get to know all the members and share any ideas that can make this group better.

I think we should have our first official zoom debate after we successfully complete a challenge on the BOTM. We'll also have to see what book we all can agree on.

I can make a topic where people can give suggestions on what books we can do for the month, and then we can make a poll so people can choose. Also, I don't think we should hide the poll results, I think it's better if we just show the people which book is winning so far, but that's just my opinion.

message 19: by OmniscientPerson (new)

Yep, That's a great idea! You can make a topic for suggestions, and the poll we'll make after seeing everyone's suggestions.

message 20: by OmniscientPerson (new)

Also, I think soon, we can create teams, for Zoom chats etc. The moderators will be the team leaders and for now, we will stick with two teams. Once there are more members, we'll go to four etc. What do you guys think about it?

Saumya wrote: "Also, I think soon, we can create teams, for Zoom chats etc. The moderators will be the team leaders and for now, we will stick with two teams. Once there are more members, we'll go to four etc. Wh..."

Yes, two teams should be good for now.

message 22: by OmniscientPerson (new)

Alright, I'll create two folders, one for each group and send an announcement to everyone about them. But before that, what should we call the groups? And for now, we're going to have two moderators as the leaders for each group.

message 23: by OmniscientPerson (new)

@Aayushi Also, thanks for making the folder for the BOTM : )

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I'm so sorry, but I can't participate. It sounds really interesting, but I'm not able to do it.

message 25: by OmniscientPerson (new)

Tiffany wrote: "I'm so sorry, but I can't participate. It sounds really interesting, but I'm not able to do it."

Oh, it's completely fine. We understand. But we're not going to stop debating here so it's fine. But what do you guys think about the groups? We'll also use them to debate here.

message 26: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany That sounds great.

message 28: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) I can't attend the zoom meetings as well. I just have too much schoolwork to do... sorry....

message 29: by OmniscientPerson (new)

Oh.it's fine. We'll only do them on weekends, but maybe you can join the one in holidays.

Hey! So I've been thinking about the BOTM, and since it's already August 15th, how about we start our BOTM on the first day of September? I wanted to make sure you guys were ok with it because then we'll have a month to finalize how we're going to do the BOTM. That good with you guys?

Saumya can work on the BOTM with one mod and I'll work on the challenge of the month with the other mod. So Tiffiany, would you rather want to work on the BOTM or the challenge of the month? Rose, would you rather want to work on the BOTM or the challenge of the month?

message 32: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany That sounds like the best way to do it to me, but I don't know what Saumya and Rose think about it.

message 33: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I'd rather work on the BOTM.

Rose, are you ok with working on the challenge of the month with me?

message 35: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Yeah sure! What should I do?

message 36: by OmniscientPerson (new)

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Aayushi ♥ wrote: "Saumya can work on the BOTM with one mod and I'll work on the challenge of the month with the other mod. So Tiffiany, would you rather want to work on the BOTM or the challenge of the month? Rose, ..."

Sure! That sounds great!

message 37: by OmniscientPerson (new)

I'm making teams now. They'll be called 'The Dominatorz' and 'The conquerors'. So because we're going to have two moderators the leaders of one team, I'll be for the Dominatorz and for which one would you guys want to be?
Also, are the names fine?

The names are cool. So is it going to be like 2 mods per team? I think we should do that. Also, I would want to be a mod for The Conquerors team, if that's' ok.

I've made topics for the BOTM leaders and the Challenge of the month leaders. So you can plan whatever your doing on it.

message 40: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany The names are great, and I don't really care which team I'm on.

message 41: by OmniscientPerson (new)

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Aayushi ♥ wrote: "The names are cool. So is it going to be like 2 mods per team? I think we should do that. Also, I would want to be a mod for The Conquerors team, if that's' ok."

Awesome!

message 42: by OmniscientPerson (new)

Tiffany wrote: "The names are great, and I don't really care which team I'm on."

Then we both can be together as we are doing the BOTM together and then Aayushi and Rose will be the leaders for 'The Conquerors'.

message 43: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany That makes sense. Sounds good!

message 44: by OmniscientPerson (new)

So I've made the teams. Aayushi and Rose, you guys are responsible for your teams and can make new topics. The same goes for me and Tiffany.

message 45: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany So what do we do in the teams exactly?

message 46: by OmniscientPerson (new)

We can discuss for debating in teams topics together before actually debating. There will be a winning team a the end of each topic. We'll decide the awards soon.

message 47: by OmniscientPerson (new)

Also, check out the message I sent to everyone. It's not much and I hope it's fine.

message 48: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany The message is really good, Saumya! I think it's very well-written!

message 49: by OmniscientPerson (new)

Thank you so much!
Anyway, its late here so I am going to bed now. Talk to you guys tomorrow! Bye!

message 50: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Um, there seems to be a problem: There are 6 Conqerors (counting Aayushi and Rose) and 4 Dominatorz (counting me and Saumya). We probably ought to have evenly matched teams. What do we do about it?

« previous 1 3 4 5