What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Parasocial Relationships

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chara's Craftsations (last edited Aug 12, 2020 06:55AM) (new)

Chara's Craftsations | 1869 comments People feel like they're best friends with a stranger.

Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine Eleanor becomes obsessed with a minor rock star and thinks that dating him will help make her life better

Misery

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35336 comments Mod
Cara, are you interested in books for adults and/or teens?

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments Adults has a woman obsessed with an Instagram influencer.

A Slipping-Down Life is about a girl fixated on a singer in a local band. She does some very odd things to get his attention.

Chara's Craftsations | 1869 comments Kris wrote: "Cara, are you interested in books for adults and/or teens?"

Either is fine

Chara's Craftsations | 1869 comments Rachel wrote: "Adults has a woman obsessed with an Instagram influencer.

A Slipping-Down Life is about a girl fixated on a singer in a local band. She does some very odd things to ge..."

Great. Thx.

Chara's Craftsations | 1869 comments ...cats? wrote: "Kill the Boy Band"

Sounds good thank you.

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19559 comments Dear Hank Williams

Not really an obsession, but a one-sided relationship.

Chara's Craftsations | 1869 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Dear Hank Williams

Not really an obsession, but a one-sided relationship."

It doesn't have to be an obsession. That just seams to a popular theme. Parasocial Relationships are one-sided.

Thank you for the great rec.

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments Currently reading Dream Sequence which has a woman obsessed with an actor.

Chara's Craftsations | 1869 comments Rachel wrote: "Currently reading Dream Sequence which has a woman obsessed with an actor."

Thank you.

message 13: by Paige (last edited Dec 15, 2020 09:43AM) (new)

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Chara's Craftsations | 1869 comments Paige wrote: "Not sure if I'm on the right track, but:
Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen
The Other Typist
The Best Friend
[book:Love from..."

I've never thought of a one sided friendship being like a Parasocial Relationships. I only just thought of them being a bad friend. Thank you for these recs

Chara's Craftsations | 1869 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Girl, Hero"

Lobstergirl wrote: "U and I: A True Story"

Thank you.