Addicted to YA discussion

Character Romances > Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (simply_bookish) The original haters to lovers trope that we all love (sometimes)

message 2: by Ana (new)

Ana Han (aninhahan) I think it was incredible to see Elizabeth’s feelings gradually change towards Mr. Darcy, and how his own affections grew with time. I loved the part that he describes how he was in the middle before he knew he had begun, because he tried so hard not to love her, but it comes to the point when there is no way for him to deny his affections anymore. I love how he spends so much time thinking she’s not only indifferent, but that she really despises him, and even then he still loves her. I just love them.

message 3: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (lostinfics) | 143 comments i liked how it took some time for Elizabeth's feelings to change towards him. Because that's how it works in real, no one hates a guy one day and then change their mind the next day only cuz the guy paid a bit of attention to the girl. That only works in fanfics not reality

message 4: by Bhavna (new)

Bhavna Karwal (bk_reads) | 6 comments I am so glad that this couple exists. Both Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy grew up and evolved to become right for one another. They have both changed for the better and are such a cute couple. This is also so realistic as people fall gradually in love.

message 5: by Divya (new)

Divya (divyasreemanikandan) | 416 comments Love P&P and love Elizabeth & Darcy!!! OTP forever.

message 6: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 333 comments Yes, they're a great couple. I love reading (and watching) Pride and Prejudice.

message 7: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (fleursqueen) I love this couple so much and their story, i agree about that i love how elizabeth’s opinion changed overtime

message 8: by Lucija (new)

Lucija I love the fact that they were both complicated people with their own pride and prejudices (lol). I feel like in a lot of contemporary enemies to lovers books the dude is a borderline abusive asshole and the female mc just takes the abuse but can't really dish it back. Elizabeth and Darcy are perfect equals and that's what makes them such a beautiful fictional couple <3

message 9: by Ana (new)

Ana | 10 comments OMG!! I have no words for this book, it’s my favorite since all times, I love how she is so revoluctonary for the time!!

message 10: by Becca (new)

Becca Fox | 9 comments Lucija wrote: "I love the fact that they were both complicated people with their own pride and prejudices (lol). I feel like in a lot of contemporary enemies to lovers books the dude is a borderline abusive assho..."

Yes, yes, yes! Elizabeth can stand on her own but she's not the super girl power, all-men-are-useless-idiots character either. The way Darcy makes up for his mistakes makes me melt every time. Win a girl over by taking care of her family; can't get much cuter than that! I absolutely love their dynamic. Romance writers have been trying to replicate it forever and have, unfortunately, failed. Me included! Ugh, I could talk about them all day! <3

message 11: by Charanya (new)

Charanya | 9 comments Elizabeth and Darcy are the perfecctt couple!

message 12: by Ryann (new)

Ryann McAnelly | 6 comments Omg I need a Mr. Darcy in my life. The fact that she literally turned down his proposal, yet he still saved her family. He did so much for Elizabeth. No choice but to Stan.

message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara Jesus (scjesus) | 31 comments Mr Darcy is one of my first literary crushes

message 14: by Sofía✿ (new)

Sofía✿ | 3 comments Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books of all time. Darcy and Elizabeth, they are the perfect couple❤

꧁༺ L̴E̴X̴I̴E̴ ༻꧂ | 177 comments Yes! They are such a classic enemies to lovers story but done so well.