Star Wars Legends Fan Group discussion

New Canon - books only > Star Wars Graphic Novels

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mustafa (new)

Mustafa YH (meyeh372) | 5 comments New Darth Vader comic series released in a day who is excited!

message 2: by Allyssa, New Republic Head of State (last edited Aug 11, 2020 09:12PM) (new)

Allyssa Smith | 761 comments Mod
Did you put this in right folder?

message 3: by Allyssa, New Republic Head of State (new)

This is Star Wars Legends, not Disney books. I will make new folder for comics.

message 4: by Mustafa (new)

Mustafa YH (meyeh372) | 5 comments No I think the New Darth Vader comic is either Legends or Canon

message 5: by Allyssa, New Republic Head of State (new)

After Disney bought SW, it wiped out all the old books. It named them Legends. New books are called new canon, not Fate of the Jedi. I fixed the thread and moved it to new canon. I haven't heard of Disney releasing Legends comics. Some SW fans were upset that Disney was going to stop releasing Legends timeline stuff. Don't try to mix/merge the timelines, it doesn't work.

message 6: by Cooper (new)

Cooper | 62 comments Is the new Darth Vader series good? I was at one point reading the main Star Wars series regularly plus some mini series and one shots. I've been meaning to start reading again. Is Darth Vader good? I've heard some good things about it.

message 7: by Zuzana, Jedi Apprentice (new)

Zuzana | 1488 comments Mod
Depends of what you mean by new. I'm currently reading Charles Soule's 2018 run and after the first volume I'd say it's quite good. It's set directly after the ending of ep III. So far they've changed canon regarding red kyber crystals.
Star Wars Darth Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith, Vol. 1 Imperial Machine by Charles Soule

message 8: by Cooper (new)

Cooper | 62 comments I was talking about the relaunch this year but it's still good to know that Charles Soul's run is good. I haven't really read much of Darth Vader so I may need to back track and read that one. The early days of Vader would be cool to read about, I'll have to check it out!

message 9: by Don (new)

Don Brown (donkbrown) | 139 comments Mustafa wrote: "New Darth Vader comic series released in a day who is excited!"

lol, I was never clear on which comic Mustafa was referring to. I think I know. Either way, I hope he got it and has enjoyed it.

Cooper wrote: "I was talking about the relaunch this year ..."

I think Cooper meant THIS relaunch of the 'regular' Star Wars comic from Marvel in January 2020 called, Star Wars (2020 - Present). It started with the "Destiny Path" story arch.

If it is helpful, here are the current crop of Star Wars comics being published:
3 ABY: Star Wars (2020 - Present) as referenced above currently in its 12th issue, "Operation Starlight."
3 ABY: Star Wars Darth Vader (2020 - Present) currently on its 8th issue and which coincidentally had issue #4 release on 2020-08-12, the day after the day Mustafa was talking about.
3 ABY: Star Wars Bounty Hunters (2020 - Present) currently in its 8th issue.
3 ABY: Star Wars Doctor Aphra (2020 - Present) which is on its 6th issue.

If you guys want I can post a detailed listing of all Star Wars comic runs from 2015 to the present covering all of the canon material from Black Horse, IDW and Marvel. Let me know. And DM me or start a thread if you have any other questions.