Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Update Description

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Chrys wrote: "Hi,

I just wanted to update one thing in my description and can't. This has never happened to me before.

The book is Frozen Crimes.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

I ..."

I changed the description.

I also looked at the series, and the first listed book is a novella, which should be numbered "0.5" by Goodreads numbering standards, so I will change the other works accordingly.

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Goodreads numbers novellas as decimal numbers. If you have a prequel to the novella, it will be a decimal number if it is a novella, or "0" if it is a full length novel.

https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...

"Series numbering and order

Novellas and short stories should be listed using decimals. For instance, if a series contains five primary books (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5) and a novella was published in between Book 1 and Book 2, it should be listed as 1.5. If there are multiple novellas or short stories between Book 1 and Book 2, they can be numbered as 1.4 and 1.5; or 1.3, 1.5, and 1.7; and so on.

Note: These novellas should not be listed as primary, regardless of numbering used on other sites."

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14198 comments Chrys wrote: "Goodreads can not decide the series order. Only I can as the author.

(...)

You just made serious errors"

No, Suzi changed the numbers according to Goodreads policy. It is Goodreads' database, Goodreads' rules.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14198 comments Chrys wrote: "Another thing that's funny...the link you provided gives this link as an example of a book series made up entirely of novellas. Note how Book 1 is a novella and is LISTED AS BOOK 1. https://www.goodreads.com/series/1336..."

The keyword being entirely here.

message 5: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Jeon | 8 comments Snowflake: A Climate Thriller

Will somebody please change my book description? I am new to Goodreads and trying to revamp my description to match what I now have on Amazon. To be honest, I'm not even sure this is the right place to put in my request. Any help would be much appreciated. Dazed & Confused...

★★★★★ How far would you go to reverse today’s climate change emergency? A scholarship student at a private high school decides he must kill the president as an act of environmental protection. ★★★★★

18-year-old Ben Wallace didn’t set out to become an environmental activist, let alone a presidential assassin. But after a mind-altering experience and two near tragedies, Ben discovers some facts about earth’s rapid global warming and none of it is good news:
• “A Species Goes Extinct Every 20 Minutes, Over 26,000 A Year” – Biological Diversity
• “Worldwide, 7 Million People A Year Die from Air Pollution” – Science Daily
• “Humankind Has Wiped Out 60% of All Animals Since 1970” – The Guardian
• “President Sells Off Drilling and Mining Rights in Arctic Wildlife Refuge” – NY Times
• “Humans Speeding Extinction, Altering Natural World at an Unprecedented Pace” – NY Times

Ben becomes outraged by the president’s climate change lies, attacks on climate science, and destruction of the natural world. He decides there is only one solution—a desperate, but necessary act of environmental activism and social justice to protect his generation—Ben must kill POTUS.

At his exclusive private school, Ben becomes a loner, self-isolated from the other students who appear—on Instagram anyway—not to have a care in the world. Not a single student seems to notice the planet is burning. Well, they will damn sure notice this. Skipping his meds and therapist to prepare for his mission, the actions of this teenage vegan begin to totter between madness and morality.

During the six weeks leading up to his assassination of the President of the United States, Ben realizes he’ll never get close enough to kill the president with a gun. Instead, he hatches a realistic hi-tech strategy, meticulously prepping for the daunting challenge he faces to kill a president.

Throughout this controversial climate change novel, Ben grapples with the philosophical, practical, and moral reasons that make his radical actions necessary. Mr. Hale, Ben's STEM teacher, and a former Navy Seal sees that his best student is struggling and attempts to take Ben under his wing. But Hale makes a fateful mistake by ignoring the signs of Ben's unraveling.

The events tighten into a gripping suspense thriller racing dead-ahead to a shocking conclusion nobody could foresee. This book will leave you questioning life as it is, and whether you too should become a climate change activist fighting environmental destruction and mankind’s extinction.

⚠ WARNING: Snowflake is a Cli-Fi novel political thriller with a narrative structure that springs from Ben's brief journal entries, a ritual that helps him process his overactive mind into a singular confessional voice. Equal parts climate thriller, think piece, and spiritual journey, the book is a fiction/nonfiction hybrid. It swims the current of America's craziest cultural waters and terrifying global warming facts. But the climate science Ben cites is real, the politics are true, and the president’s attacks against the environment are accurate. So, as it promotes the truth about climate change, some may find Snowflake a dark and disturbing novel.⚠

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23234 comments It would have been better to start a new thread, but...done.

message 7: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Jeon | 8 comments Oh, Thank you so much, Scott. I really appreciate it. Just so I know in the future, where do you start a new thread?

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23234 comments Just go to the appropriate folder and there will be a small link at the top of the page to start a new topic.

message 9: by Chrys (last edited Aug 12, 2020 11:26AM) (new)

Chrys Fey (chrysfey) | 24 comments Scott wrote: "Just go to the appropriate folder and there will be a small link at the top of the page to start a new topic."

Can you please delete this topic so no one else will comment on it, and so I won't get notified?

Thanks

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23234 comments You can click the link under the last message and tell it not to notify.

message 11: by Chrys (new)

Chrys Fey (chrysfey) | 24 comments Scott wrote: "You can click the link under the last message and tell it not to notify."

Can't you just delete it so no other users mistakenly use it to send their requests? It's no longer needed...the tasks are complete.

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23234 comments I personally can't. A moderator can close the thread, if you want to send a message to them.

message 13: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44649 comments Mod
Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.