Fans of Fairyloot discussion

Upcoming Box Themes > September 2020

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (last edited Aug 13, 2020 05:02PM) (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) We’re so excited to reveal the September theme for our monthly box and it is… UNDER THE SEA!
🖤
Hoist your sails and take a deep breath because this month we are going underwater! Land isn’t safe, but it isn’t safe down here either — you never know what monsters may lurk below the surface!
🖤
Everything in this box will be inspired by the ocean and the creatures that you may find there (some are friends and some are foes). You can expect items inspired by To Kill a Kingdom, The Little Mermaid, Sea Witch, Atlantis and more! We’ve got a bunch of very useful items in this box and we are thrilled to reveal that this box will feature a ceramic mug with a beautiful illustration by @gabrielleragusi.
🖤
In our featured book of the month a young girl must find her place and her family while trying to survive in a world made dangerous by the sea and by those who wish to profit from it. This FairyLoot exclusive edition will have A COMPLETELY REDESIGNED EXCLUSIVE COVER, SPRAYED EDGES and is SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR. It will also come with a beautiful author letter with artwork on it.

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) Have you read any of the books that will be featured in the box? Anything you're particularly excited for? I'm wondering if the Little Mermaid item will be inspired more by the Disney movie, or the Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale.

The only book I've read of these is Sea Witch, which I didn't like at all. That doesn't necessarily mean I won't like the item, though, because I absolutely love the ocean and anything to do with it (except this book, I guess). I'm really excited for this box.

message 3: by Célia (new)

Célia Cross (the_ya_assassin) | 7 comments Sea Witch, To Kill a Kingdom, The Little Mermaid, Daughter of the Pirate King/ Siren Queen (if they do it). Pretty much anything "Under the Sea" is my thing.

I hope there will be a blanket, but probably not since there's a mug. I hope the mug has awesome artwork though!

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindak90) | 12 comments I love anything sea inspired, was really excited when they announced this theme, however, I was not expecting it rather I thought it would be something Halloween inspired but that may still come for October's box.
I'm hoping the mug will be The Little Mermaid inspired, I think that would be just lovely, as a fan of Disney and Hans Christian Anderson I wouldn't mind either rendition.
I have the Serpent and Dove mug and the Cruel Prince mug (from the Queen of Nothing box) and I just love the design and the artwork on both of them, Fairyloot does such beautiful mugs. I use one as a 'TBR jar' and the other is full of lollies, both kept on my bookshelf.