Fans of Fairyloot discussion

General > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) Take a minute to introduce yourself.

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) Hi everyone. I'm Brenda. I'm a mom to 3 kids, living in Utah, United States. This coming school year, I'm starting a new job as a librarian in a middle school (grades 7-9), but prior to that I was a librarian at an elementary school.

I've been getting Fairyloot boxes since February of this year, and it's by far my favorite subscription box. The books are always so beautiful. I look forward to chatting with and getting to know everyone.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindak90) | 12 comments Hi everyone, I'm Linda. I teach Kindergarten in a nature play centre in QLD Aus and I'm currently studying my bachelor in education.

I've been getting Fairyloot boxes for about two and a half years now and it has been by far my favourite sub box I have ever received. I love the goodies/fan merch and those stunning editions.

Really looking forward to chatting to everyone about the books.

message 4: by Célia (new)

Célia Cross (the_ya_assassin) | 7 comments Hi everyone, I'm Célia. I do not have a job currently. I want to be a bed and breakfast owner/ architect.

August 2020 will be my first Fairyloot box (just discovered book boxes during quarantine) and I've only bought two other book boxes (both from Beacon Book Box). I've seen FL unboxings and am obsessed with their editions, so I'm really excited that I got off the waitlist!

I'm looking forward to talking about the books and can't wait for the monthly read-alongs!

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) Hi Linda! What has been your favorite Fairyloot edition that you've received?

Célia, I think a bed and breakfast owner/architect would be such a fun job. And yay for getting off the waiting list! I'm excited for August's box. It looks like it'll be a good one.

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindak90) | 12 comments Brenda wrote: "Hi Linda! What has been your favorite Fairyloot edition that you've received?

Célia, I think a bed and breakfast owner/architect would be such a fun job. And yay for getting off the waiting list! ..."

My favourite book would have had to have been Skyward, I am a massive Sanderson fan, as I love complex world building, spirited characters and in-depth magic systems. I have also loved Sorcery of Thorns, Serpent and Dove and These Rebel Waves, all were five stars for me.
What has been your favourite book? Do you read any other genres aside from fantasy?

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindak90) | 12 comments Célia wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm Célia. I do not have a job currently. I want to be a bed and breakfast owner/ architect.

August 2020 will be my first Fairyloot box (just discovered book boxes during quarantine) ..."

That is so exciting that you have been taken off of the wait list! I hope your dreams come true, being a B&B owner would be absolutely amazing.

message 8: by Célia (new)

Célia Cross (the_ya_assassin) | 7 comments Brenda wrote: "Hi Linda! What has been your favorite Fairyloot edition that you've received?

Célia, I think a bed and breakfast owner/architect would be such a fun job. And yay for getting off the waiting list! ..."

Yes it does! I can't wait for the artwork on the cover! September's box sounds awesome too!

message 9: by Célia (new)

Célia Cross (the_ya_assassin) | 7 comments Linda wrote: "Célia wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm Célia. I do not have a job currently. I want to be a bed and breakfast owner/ architect.

August 2020 will be my first Fairyloot box (just discovered book boxes durin..."

Thank you so much! I hope that your's (even if you didn't mention them) do as well!

message 10: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) Linda wrote: "What has been your favourite book? Do you read any other genres aside from fantasy?"

I didn't get Skyward from Fairyloot, but that is one of my favorite books. I wish I had a special edition of that one. Brandon Sanderson is my favorite author.

I don't think I've read very many of the Fairyloot editions that I've gotten. But I've read some past editions, and loved a lot of them, like The Cruel Prince, Sorcery of Thorns, A Curse So Dark and Lonely, and The Shadows Between Us.

I mostly read fantasy and science fiction, but every once in awhile I read other genres.

message 11: by Haley Renee (new)

Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader | 3 comments Hi all!

I'm Haley, I only got on board the book box and book online scene last year, but I've been really enjoying the Fairyloot books!

One of my faves has been Girls of Paper and Fire <3

I read a mix of adult fantasy, thrillers, scifi, and YA fantasy, & scifi

message 12: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindak90) | 12 comments Célia wrote: "Linda wrote: "Célia wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm Célia. I do not have a job currently. I want to be a bed and breakfast owner/ architect.

August 2020 will be my first Fairyloot box (just discovered bo..."

Haha, thank you much-ly. My dreams are to finish my Bachelor's, which feels like it is taking an eternity due to studying part time, transition into working into a school rather than a day care and I'm trying to save for a house atm which is a bit of a pain in this economic recession.

message 13: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindak90) | 12 comments Brenda wrote: "Linda wrote: "What has been your favourite book? Do you read any other genres aside from fantasy?"

I didn't get Skyward from Fairyloot, but that is one of my favorite books. I wish I had a special..."

I loved The shadow between us and A curse so dark and lonely too. And isn't Sanderson just the best?! Have you read either of Erin Morgenstern's books? (The Night Circus and The Starless Sea) she would be my ultimate author if she had a couple of more books but I loved both of them so very much and she is writing another at the moment and I cannot wait for its release.

message 14: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindak90) | 12 comments Haley Renee wrote: "Hi all!

I'm Haley, I only got on board the book box and book online scene last year, but I've been really enjoying the Fairyloot books!

One of my faves has been Girls of Paper and Fire <3

I read..."

Hi Haley! Who is your favourite all time author? Also have you read Girls of Storm and Shadow? I have it on my shelf but haven't picked it up yet. If so, what do you think of it?

message 15: by Line (new)

Line Andersen (bookedreveries) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Line and I live in Norway. I just finished my master's degree in museology and cultural heritage yesterday, so I finally have more time for reading for fun again! No job as of yet, but at least it leaves more time for reading.

The June box was my first Fairyloot box, but I've been following unboxings for about a year. Love everything I've received so far, and the books sound amazing! I'm a little behind on reading them, but I'll do my best to catch up. Super excited to talk about all bookish things!

message 16: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindak90) | 12 comments Line wrote: "Hi, I'm Line and I live in Norway. I just finished my master's degree in museology and cultural heritage yesterday, so I finally have more time for reading for fun again! No job as of yet, but at l..."

Wow! congrats on finishing your degree, that is such a monumental achievement! What type of job does it entail you to get? It sounds so interesting.

message 17: by Line (new)

Line Andersen (bookedreveries) | 2 comments Linda wrote: "Line wrote: "Hi, I'm Line and I live in Norway. I just finished my master's degree in museology and cultural heritage yesterday, so I finally have more time for reading for fun again! No job as of ..."

Thank you! I's an interesting field of study with multidisciplinary influences, so it's a broad variety of jobs within the heritage sector. A lot of different positions within museums and cultural heritage institutions. For example, in exhibition project planning, collection management, or as an advisor or archivist. There are a lot of different possibilities, but not a lot of jobs right now, so we'll see what happens.
I hope everything's going well with your degree as well! Kudos to you for studying and working at the same time! I could never, I get to easily distracted xP

message 18: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) Linda wrote: "Have you read either of Erin Morgenstern's books?"

Yes, I read The Starless Sea and I loved it. When I get a chance I'm definitely planning to read The Night Circus.

message 19: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) Welcome Haley and Line! I'm so glad to have more people to chat about books with.

message 20: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindak90) | 12 comments Line wrote: "Linda wrote: "Line wrote: "Hi, I'm Line and I live in Norway. I just finished my master's degree in museology and cultural heritage yesterday, so I finally have more time for reading for fun again!..."

Oh wow, that sounds so amazing. Years ago I worked in a cultural heritage building for the regional council, only as a secretary but I heard so many amazing stories with those involved with the actual planning side of things. I'm sure something will come your way and when it does it will be so exciting but I completely understand, this political/health climate right now is borderline dystopian, I swear!

I'm only studying part time and I study externally so I can (attempt to) fit both work and study in and because of that am able to work through the day but man, some days it's hard to find time to do the nice things. I'm two-thirds through my degree so not much longer at least.

message 21: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindak90) | 12 comments Brenda wrote: "Linda wrote: "Have you read either of Erin Morgenstern's books?"

Yes, I read The Starless Sea and I loved it. When I get a chance I'm definitely planning to read The Night Circus."

To me everything about The Night Circus just feels so luscious, it's a lot sweeter than The Starless Sea but it has that same magical feel where everything just feels so possible. It's my favourite of the two but five stars for both.

message 22: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) I think I only gave The Starless Sea 4 stars, but I had a hard time deciding between 4 and 5. I'm probably unnecessarily stingy with my stars. I thought it was a beautiful story, though, and I think I'll probably re-read it someday.

message 23: by Serenity (last edited Sep 13, 2020 04:27AM) (new)

Serenity (serenity87hun) | 2 comments Hi everyone! I'm Aniko from Hungary, I work as IT support. I got back into reading in 2018 thanks to bookstagram introducing me to ACOTAR and the YA genre in general.

My first FL box was February 2020 and I've been a subscriber since. I mostly read sci-fi, fantasy, and YA sci-fi/fantasy and a few thriller here and there. :)

message 24: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Some (liekepiekje) | 2 comments Hi all, my name is Lydia and I’m from the Netherlands but living in Ireland with my Irish partner and our daughter.. I’ve been a subscriber since July and have only been back to reading since June, got on the waitlist thanks to my sister who is also a subscriber..

I am currently home with my daughter but planning on doing a photography course and earn some money doing photography.

message 25: by Eloise (new)

Eloise | 1 comments Hi folks! I'm Eloise & I live in England
I've been a subscriber since 2018 but I keep coming in and out of reading slumps so. I have lots of books to catch up on!
I'm furloughed at the minute and work in retail. I mostly read fantasy and history

message 26: by Iris (new)

Iris | 1 comments Hi everyone!

I’m Iris, 32 years old and I live in the Netherlands (Amsterdam) 🇳🇱🌷. I’ve always been an avid reader, mostly fantasy.

I recently got a subscription of the Adult book only box, so my first box will be the one from March (Dark Academia).

Before I was able to subscribe I also ordered a few separate books from the Fairy Trove. One of them is Raybearer, which I’m reading right now 🤩

So excited to be a part of the FL community 😊.
Nice to meet you all!

message 27: by Jade_Reads2019 (new)

Jade_Reads2019 (jadereads2019) | 3 comments Hi my name is Jade. I am from Leicester, East Midlands Uk. I love to read a lot. In fact I have been known to choose books over people! Haha. I started getting Fairyloot boxes in 2019 and I love them!
Apart from Fantasy books I do read a variety of genres such as Murder a mystery, contemporaries and romance.
I love setting up reading challenges on goodreads too. I have set mine to 40!

I love making friends on social platforms especially if there are other people who like books like myself too.