Support for Indie Authors discussion

Blurb Workshop > Blurb Help - Humor - Taco Bell - The Adventures of Kate and Lucy

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1122 comments Please let me know how this blurb works. Thanks!

When Lucy tries to forget about her favorite food, her cravings become unbearable.

Many of us have a favorite food, a special something we just can't do without.

Twins Kate and Lucy are on holiday at a health retreat. Before long, all Lucy can think of is food. When she says, “I want a burrito supreme,” she means it.

Kate, on the other hand, wants to eat healthy and tells Lucy she just needs to try harder.

Always together, never apart, the twins are close but sometimes the closeness begins to chafe, and never so much as when it comes to food.

When Lucy finds a solution, there is a good chance it will get them both in trouble.

message 2: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1122 comments It's live. If anything looks weird, let me know. I have a few days to change it. Thanks!

message 3: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1122 comments Roy wrote: "free free..top rated thriller."

Err, umm, a friendly tip! Links are not allowed, and hijacking threads is not allowed. lol Other than that, a freebie is a good thing. :)

message 4: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4336 comments Mod
Roy wrote: "a link"

Links aren't allowed.
Hijacking threads is not allowed (and really rude).
And your link didn't work, anyway.

Please read over the rules before posting again. Thanks.

message 5: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

I'm intrigued. Very. I love this blurb! The best thing about it? The book sounds nothing like anything anyone else is doing right now. And it's something that is totally relatable. Bravo!

No. Taco Bravo!

No. That was a Taco John's thing, not Taco Bell.

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 547 comments Oh blast! All I can think about now is chocolate!

The blurb is definitely different and leaves me wondering about the trouble. That has to be a good thing.

message 7: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1122 comments Dwayne wrote: "I'm intrigued. Very. I love this blurb! The best thing about it? The book sounds nothing like anything anyone else is doing right now. And it's something that is totally relatable. Bravo!

No. Taco..."

Thanks! I guess it's write what I know. :) Who is Taco John?

message 8: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1122 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "Oh blast! All I can think about now is chocolate!

The blurb is definitely different and leaves me wondering about the trouble. That has to be a good thing."

Oh. Chocolate. I made a DIY ice cream sandwich with graham crackers, ice cream, and chocolate.

message 9: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

M.L. wrote: "Thanks! I guess it's write what I know. :) Who is Taco John?"

I assumed it was a nation-wide Tex-Mex chain. Your comment made me go look it up. Turns out it's only a Midwest / Mountain state chain and Iowa (where I am) seems to have the most of them.

message 10: by M.L. (last edited Aug 15, 2020 08:13AM) (new)

M.L. | 1122 comments Dwayne wrote: "M.L. wrote: "Thanks! I guess it's write what I know. :) Who is Taco John?"

I assumed it was a nation-wide Tex-Mex chain. Your comment made me go look it up. Turns out it's only a Midwest / Mountai..."

I thought it was a character like Pecos Bill or Yosemite Sam so that's good to know. (It would be a good character name.) I had wondered about Taco Bell and whether or not it is nationwide. It is. I found out it is now international. They are not as big as McDonalds but who knows? I don't know if they are in France yet. I think the French are protective of their local cuisine.

message 11: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Yes. Taco Bell is huge. Remember, one day, according to Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man, all restaurants will be Taco Bell.

message 12: by Milly Jane (new)

Milly Jane Maven | 18 comments Hi M.L. I like the blurb, it looks like a fun story. As for Taco Bell it's such a big favorite you'll have folks interested right away.
Dwayne, My husband's favorite quote is one day all restaurants will be Taco Bell.

message 13: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1122 comments Milly Jane wrote: "Hi M.L. I like the blurb, it looks like a fun story. As for Taco Bell it's such a big favorite you'll have folks interested right away.
Dwayne, My husband's favorite quote is one day all restauran..."

Thanks! I had fun writing it. Someone who just read it told me it was funny, so that's a good thing.

Some trivia. Taco Bell was named after the found Glenn Bell, and Taco John's founder was John Turner. Just in case someone was curious. :)