Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes > RIP Robert Hellenga

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6333 comments Robert Hellenga was one of my very favorite authors. I loved every one of his books and read his most recent, this year. I suppose it was a bit prophetic, Love, Death & Rare Books

https://obituaries.galesburg.com/obit...

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8001 comments Adore that line that beings with "So, keep your knives sharp and your palate open...."

I must admit I have never heard of him, but he sounds like he was one helluva a guy!

message 3: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6333 comments Joanne wrote: "Adore that line that beings with "So, keep your knives sharp and your palate open...."

I must admit I have never heard of him, but he sounds like he was one helluva a guy!"

I think you would like his books.

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8001 comments Oh, I just checked-he wrote The Sixteen Pleasures, which is on my read soon list!

message 5: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6333 comments Joanne wrote: "Oh, I just checked-he wrote The Sixteen Pleasures, which is on my read soon list!"

The Sixteen Pleasures is a good one to start with.

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7620 comments Booknblues wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Oh, I just checked-he wrote The Sixteen Pleasures, which is on my read soon list!"

The Sixteen Pleasures is a good one to start with."

That is the one that hooked me and had me recommending him to everyone.