Appointment With Agatha discussion

Links and resources > Group bookshelves

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 929 comments I will be adding all of the nominated books, where we select them as a group read or not. I think it would be fun to keep track of the runner up and maybe twice a year do a "runner up" poll for our monthly read where we choose from the books that were close, but didn't quite make the cut.

I will include them in the appropriate sub-genre/theme shelves so that we can establish an ongoing book database.

Unfortunately, I can set up an exclusive shelf that isn't to read, currently reading or read, so I'm going to put them on the read shelf.

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 57 comments Christine PNW wrote: "I will be adding all of the nominated books, where we select them as a group read or not. I think it would be fun to keep track of the runner up and maybe twice a year do a "runner up" poll for our..."

That gives an added incentive to vote even if you know your favourite isn't going to win, doesn't it! It may end up in the runner up poll.

message 3: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 199 comments That sounds like a great idea, but al least the books can be tagged with their status.

Natalie aka Tannat | 96 comments Would it make more sense to put them on the to-read shelf without I date? I can't remember how it works in groups myself.

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (gd2brivard) | 120 comments Maybe a board in the discussion threads? You could have a thread for each category and mark the runners up? I saw that in another group and I just liked how it was accessible.

message 6: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 929 comments Natalie aka Tannat wrote: "Would it make more sense to put them on the to-read shelf without I date? I can't remember how it works in groups myself."

I considered that, but I want to keep the "to-read" shelf for books that we're planning to read as a group.

I wish that it would allow me to make another exclusive shelf - like we can do for our personal shelves, and call it "member recommendations" or something. But I have looked at every setting that I can think of, and I can't find a way to do it.

message 7: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 929 comments Brenda wrote: "Maybe a board in the discussion threads? You could have a thread for each category and mark the runners up? I saw that in another group and I just liked how it was accessible."

That's a good idea!

Natalie aka Tannat | 96 comments Christine PNW wrote: "Natalie aka Tannat wrote: "Would it make more sense to put them on the to-read shelf without I date? I can't remember how it works in groups myself."

I considered that, but I want to keep the "to-..."

Sounds good. I was just speculating. If I figure out exclusive shelves, I'll be sure to pipe up.

message 9: by Christine PNW, Agathyte (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) | 929 comments Natalie aka Tannat wrote: "Christine PNW wrote: "Natalie aka Tannat wrote: "Would it make more sense to put them on the to-read shelf without I date? I can't remember how it works in groups myself."

I considered that, but I..."

Please do! I suppose I could ask in the mods group if there is anyway to do it.

Themis-Athena (Lioness at Large) (themis-athena) | 471 comments Christine PNW wrote: "I wish that it would allow me to make another exclusive shelf - like we can do for our personal shelves, and call it "member recommendations" or something. But I have looked at every setting that I can think of, and I can't find a way to do it.

Do we already have a non-exclusive shelf named like that? (Better than not having any at all ...?)

Natalie aka Tannat | 96 comments Good point.

message 12: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) | 141 comments In one of my other groups, we broke to be read shelves into further categories. In that case country. But could you to do to be read - future reads or some other classification

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 109 comments I suggest using sub-shelves like "group-read" and other theme names, like "planes-trains-automobiles."