CPL: Online Book Club discussion

August: Pick Your Own > August's Pick: Pick Your Own Graphic Novel

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 98 comments Mod
This week's list of suggestions concerns superheroes. The big 2, Marvel and DC, are now owned by the same company, which could be interesting if they decide to merge the two in the future. But for now, let's talk heros.

Marvel (I started watching the movies first, and then discovered the graphic novels. So far I've read graphic novels that focused on Black Widow, Shuri, Captain Marvel, and the Black Panther. I've also recently checked out the first volume of The Avengers: The War of the Realms.

I found the DC comics through the tv shows: Arrow, The Flash, SuperGirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and Bat Woman. I started with both Arrow and Green Arrow, as well as Bat Woman, and I've recently started a series featuring the Birds of Prey.

What super heroes do you read/watch? Found any new/ new to you characters? What draws you in first? the story? or the artwork? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Black Widow, Volume 1 S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Most Wanted by Mark Waid Shuri, Vol. 2 24/7 Vibranium by Nnedi Okorafor Marvel's Captain Marvel Prelude by Will Corona Pilgrim Black Panther, Vol. 7 The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, Part Two by Ta-Nehisi Coates War of the Realms by Jason Aaron

Arrow Volume 1 by Marc Guggenheim Green Arrow, Volume 1 The Midas Touch by Dan Jurgens Batwoman, Vol. 1 The Many Arms of Death by Marguerite Bennett Birds of Prey Huntress by Greg Rucka

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I've really enjoyed watching the Avenger movies. I also enjoyed the Wonder Woman movie when it came out. I'm looking forward to seeing the new one hopefully later on this year.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 98 comments Mod
I know, I am dying to go to a movie. I miss Cinema Cafe, and their comfy chairs and really big screens (and good food). :)