Mount TBR 2020 discussion

Mt. Vancouver (36 books) > Chelle's next Mountain to Climb

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelle (last edited Dec 29, 2020 10:54AM) (new)

Chelle (MaleficentBookDragon) (chellerydz) | 31 comments I am a first time climber. I really want/need to tackle my MT TBR. I own so many books and just keep on getting more. My goal this year is to participate in less book clubs and challenges so that I read more of what I want, when I want, and from MY owned books.
I finished ⛰️Base Level: Mt. Wycheproof on 02/16/20, Pike's Peak on 03/09/20, and then Mount Blanc on 08/02/20
🥾The CLIMB (so far)(view spoiler)
⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️Mt. Vancouver
🥾 25. Primal Waters (Meg #3) by Steve Alten (Read 08/09/20 ☆☆☆; paperback- donating it to a little free library)
🥾 26. The Pharaoh Key (Gideon Crew #5) by Douglas Preston (Read 08/13/20 ☆☆☆; paperback- donating it to a little free library)
🥾 27. Blood Infernal (The Order of the Sanguines, #3) by James Rollins (Read 08/27/20 ☆☆☆; paperback- donating it to a little free library)
🥾 28. Steal Like an Artist 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon (Read 09/11/20 ☆☆☆☆; paperback- keeping it for inspiration)
🥾29. Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot, #17) by Agatha Christie (Read 09/14/20 ☆☆☆☆; paperback- passing it along to someone else)
🥾30. The House Next Door by Darcy Coates (Read 10/03/20 ☆☆☆☆; Kindle)
🥾31. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #1) by Alvin Schwartz (Read 10/17/20 ☆☆1/2; paperback- passing it along to someone else)
🥾32. The Carrow Haunt by Darcy Coates (Read 10/24/20 ☆☆☆; Kindle)
🥾33. Locke & Key, Vol. 1 Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill (Read 10/25/20 ☆☆☆; paperback- passing it along to someone else)
34. Sparkling Cyanide
35. Died in the Wool
36. Murder Most Frothy
🏕️

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 94 comments Wow doing well!

message 3: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (MaleficentBookDragon) (chellerydz) | 31 comments Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) wrote: "Wow doing well!"

Thanks. I am FINALLY out of my reading slump. This challenge has helped me go back and appreciate the books I already have.

message 4: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (MaleficentBookDragon) (chellerydz) | 31 comments The Pharaoh Key (Gideon Crew #5) by Douglas Preston
Another fun adventure read. I am a big fan of Preston & Child and this story did not disappoint. I am surprised by how many people disliked this book. Since I personally did not like Gideon much anyway, I was not upset by the resolution (or lack thereof) at the end of the book. To me it is left open for additional books; or not.
Garza is my favorite character in this series and I was happy to see him take on a bigger role. It was a little strange to switch to another perspective two thirds through the book, but I got used to it quickly. If you like archaeological adventure then this book is a good example of the genre. IMHO anyway.

message 5: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (MaleficentBookDragon) (chellerydz) | 31 comments Two more steps up the mountain with Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot, #17) by Agatha Christie (Read 09/14/20 ☆☆☆☆; paperback- passing it along to someone else)and The House Next Door by Darcy Coates (Read 10/03/20 ☆☆☆☆; Kindle)