2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

A Merciful Promise (Mercy Kilpatrick, #6)
This topic is about A Merciful Promise
A Merciful Promise > Question Q

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6197 comments Mod
Neal Gorman was the ATF leak to America’s Preserve. Did you ever suspect his duplicity? Was Carleen ever on your suspect list?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments They were both very suspicious characters to me. Their behavior was almost a caricature in my mind. I do not imagine they are modeled after real ATF agents. {hopefully}

Robin (robinmy) | 1401 comments I remember wondering how Pete knew that Mercy was an FBI agent. Chad didn't know her real name, so it didn't come from him. I really never thought about the identity of the leak. I just thought it would be mentioned later that they caught the person at the ATF or FBI who was the leak. Neither Gorman or Aguirres were on my suspect list.

I knew they had a leak but I never suspected either of them, especially Carleen. What woman would have been in cahoots with this misogynistic group? I should have figured out the tie-in was to the robbery but Neal Gorman risked a lot for minuscule rewards. He was incredibly stupid.

Charlene, I don’t know a lot about the ATF but, like you, hope they’re better organized than what we saw reflected here.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1998 comments They rubbed me the wrong way from the start. It didn't surprise me that Neal was involved. It wouldn't have surprised me to find out Carleen was involved. The entire ATF team were totally unprofessional. I thought after 9.11 that the various law enforcement agencies were playing together or at least pretend to more than in the past.

Funny but this month’s Lucy Kincaid book also features the ATF botching an undercover assignment. Is this their reputation?

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1998 comments I think I remember something in the news a few years ago about the ATF called to Congress because of botching something. Maybe that is why.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 707 comments Not really, but there were some real flaws with the overall operation. I just thought it was they were rushing as it was thought that the group was moving towards some huge domestic terrorist event. So they went in ill prepared and under resourced.