What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > YA books that are amazing

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blue (new)

Asia (semi–hiatus) (booknerd117) | 205 comments I don't know if you'd like these (too much action, too much romance, etc), but I'd recommend the Caraval trilogy by Stephanie Garber, and the Folk of the Air trilogy (bk. 1 is The Cruel Prince) by Holly Black.

Is there something specific you're looking for? If you could pick the main setting of your ideal YA novel, what would it be? What are some books you have liked/loved in the past?

Anisha_book_lover If you're okay with science-fiction, "Warcross" by Marie Lu is really good, but there is a bit of romance and some action.

message 4: by Beverly (new)

Beverly (bjbixlerhotmailcom) | 51 comments The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and its sequels
Girl, Interrupted (memoir of teen in mental hospital)
Cinder first of 4 books in a really good SF series
Meet the Austins and its sequels
The Case of the Missing Marquess first book in a series of 6, about the younger sister of Sherlock Holmes solving mysteries on her own

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1146 comments Mars Evacuees by Sophia McDougall Mars Evacuees

Anisha_book_lover Eleanor wrote: "Anisha_book_lover wrote: "If you're okay with science-fiction, "Warcross" by Marie Lu is really good, but there is a bit of romance and some action."

I like scienc..."

Okay great! Let me know what you think!

message 7: by Farahilde (last edited Aug 13, 2020 05:06AM) (new)

Farahilde | 6 comments The Raven Boys paranormal
The Darkest Minds dystopion
Six of Crows MY ALL TIME FAVORITE ( it is fantasy though but not really heavy)
One of Us Is Lying crime mystery
A Thousand Pieces of You dystopion
On the Come Up realistic fiction
Sadierealistic fiction
Radio Silencerealistic fiction

message 8: by Natalia (last edited Aug 17, 2020 12:59PM) (new)

message 9: by Nora (new)

Nora | 17 comments Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (realistic fiction; it's sort of romantic, but I wouldn't really say it's a romance novel because it's more about identity and self-discovery.)
The Inexplicable Logic of My Life (realistic fiction, no romance)
The Hate U Give (realistic fiction)
Darius the Great Is Not Okay (realistic fiction)
A Separate Peace (I'm not 100% sure if this counts as YA because it was written before Young Adult was really a genre, but it's about teenagers and it's incredible.)

I second Six of Crows. You don't have to be into fantasy to enjoy it.

message 10: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 329 comments I was going to suggest Six of Crows too but it's definitely all action and definitely not set in a realistic world

xD if you ever feel like trying something different though Six of Crows is where you should go