2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

A Merciful Promise (Mercy Kilpatrick, #6)
This topic is about A Merciful Promise
A Merciful Promise > Question G

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6197 comments Mod
These militia groups are given a lot of latitude by the government and law enforcement, even though they seem to violate quite a few of our laws. Why?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments Good question.....seems pertinent to this season of the pandemic and groups opposed to law enforcement.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6197 comments Mod
Charlene, I was recalling when these militia members showed up with guns at the Michigan legislature. The only discussion I heard was that they had the right to bear arms. They were menacing and threatening and no one even considered taking action.

Any other group would have been treated very differently. The groups protesting were not opposed to law enforcement. They were opposed to how law enforcement was treating people of color. And, aside from certain outliers, they were doing it peacefully.

I will always be perplexed why these groups are given a pass.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1998 comments I think the recent past errors of Ruby Ridge, etc. has the government afraid of making another mistake. I have a lot of theories but they are too political for my fun place.

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 166 comments Mod
Sharon wrote: "I think the recent past errors of Ruby Ridge, etc. has the government afraid of making another mistake. I have a lot of theories but they are too political for my fun place."

I think so too. Waco comes to mind. The government doesn't want to be prosecuted in the public's mind...again. So they give them a wide berth. Not saying they should - just that they do.