Shark Tank Book Club discussion

Community Topics > Aromantic and/or asexual books?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 7 comments https://lgbtqreads.tumblr.com/archive is my first recommendation because they have tons of book reviews and they tag everything really well so you can find just ace/aro stuff. But also, I found this amazing link in their posts!

https://claudiearseneault.com/?page_i...

Someone made a whole database of literature with ace/aro characters and you can search it based on different things. It's amazing.

message 2: by Flynn (new)

Flynn (cecily_rosette) | 1 comments Let’s talk about love by Claire Kann. Haven’t read this one yet personally but I have heard good things.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Michelle (sarahmkeener) | 3 comments I've not ready any of these books yet (sorry!) but these are a couple that I know about.

Radio Silence by Alice Oseman. This one is pretty popular, and I've not heard any bad things about the representation, so I have high hopes that it's good rep. I'm also pretty sure the main character(s?) is/are asexual.

Nicotine by Nell Zink has an asexual character. I've not read it yet, so I'm not sure how big a part they play to plot, but I think they're just a side character. :(

message 4: by Scared (new)

Scared Cryptid (scaredcryptid) | 5 comments Summer Bird Blue - it deals with grief and the loss of a family member. The main character is questioning in the beginning and then identifies as asexual and somewhere on the aromatic spectrum. It is a very emotional read, which can make it hard to get through sometimes. the main character does NOT end up in a relationship in the end, it is all about self-discovery and getting better after loss.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1 comments Loveless by Alice Osemann! It focusses on the main character figuring out that they are aro ace and trying to come to terms with their sexuality.