What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Terrorists of Irustan
This topic is about The Terrorists of Irustan
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci-fi YA about woman doctor working on hot dry planet and falls in love. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ciara Penrod | 2 comments Any help would be hella appreciated!!!! I read this book in the 90s. What I remember: it’s on a different planet that is very very hot and dry and there is a female doctor and a delivery person. There is space travel. The delivery person is pretending to be a boy because of how the planet treats women. The woman doctor can’t get in a car without her husband and has to practice medicine wearing a veil. The delivery person and her fall in love and breaks the law somehow. The doctor is executed by being put in a pit during a hot day The final scene is all these woman protesting by tearing off their veils in broad daylight.

Again, I appreciate any help!!!!!

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1254 comments Hi! Searching feminist science fiction "planet" "a veil" this book came up: The Terrorists of Irustan by Louise Marley. I read a few of the reviews and it sounds like your description so fingers crossed!

Ciara Penrod | 2 comments THANKYOU!!!!!!!!! That is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t Thankyou enough!!!!

message 4: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1254 comments So glad this was the book you were looking for! :-)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Terrorists of Irustan (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Louise Marley (other topics)