Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > emotional books

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by regan (new)

regan (regannmackenzie) | 3 comments i’m looking for something super emotional, like a book that will rip your heart out...also one with good characters and friendships, ones you’ll get attached to. any genre is fine; except fantasy (i have too many of those on my the)

message 2: by Keira (new)

Keira (lovetoreadthrillers) | 6 comments The Death House had me crying so much at the end. I don't normally cry at books or movies, I'm not like that, but this had me crying so much :(

message 3: by Keira (new)

Keira (lovetoreadthrillers) | 6 comments It's by Sarah Pinborough

message 4: by MalakAmr (new)

MalakAmr (malikaa) | 6 comments If you want to get your emotions ruined for about a week then I suggest reading heartless by Marissa Meyer. I haven't personally read it but from the reaction that all my friends went through, I can guarantee that you'll definitely get your heart ripped out.

message 5: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Lily | 9 comments If you want your heart ripped out by a book, I would recommend the Song of Achilles and They Both Die At The End. They are both beautifully written but heartbreaking !!

message 6: by sadie (new)

sadie Every time I hear a review for “A Little Life” they say its a rollercoaster of emotions. I’ve been wanting to read it but waiting for the right time!!

message 7: by sadie (new)

sadie @reagan I know from reviews that A Little Life follows the story of a group of friends and apparently it gets super emotional

message 8: by sadie (new)

sadie *regan sorry

message 9: by MeganIsBookish (new)

MeganIsBookish (nodoubtiambookish) | 6 comments The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

message 10: by Bella (last edited Aug 09, 2020 01:53PM) (new)

Bella (cherryripplepuffs) | 28 comments MalakA wrote: "If you want to get your emotions ruined for about a week then I suggest reading heartless by Marissa Meyer. I haven't personally read it but from the reaction that all my friends went through, I ca..."

Oh no I'm currently reading that

message 11: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews for sure. Her other one, The Boy Who Steals Houses is pretty amazing, too.

A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews The Boy Who Steals Houses by C.G. Drews

message 12: by suri (new)

suri (suri_sarabia) a Little life, i have heard 'bout It. Also i have heard by they both die ay the end or something like that by Adam Silvera

message 13: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 93 comments Ready to ugly-cry? Just read The Assassin's Blade. And then Throne of Glass. And then the rest of them. You'll be crying

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mirzayee🇦🇫 (sarahmirzayee) | -3 comments The Kite Runner By Khalid Hosseini is honestly the most emotional and heartbreaking book I’ve ever read

message 15: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 103 comments Between Shades of Grey left me crying and pretty emotional at the very end. Also, All the Bright Places.

message 16: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy | 68 comments All the Bright Places, The Fault in Our Stars.

jace (taylor's version) | 208 comments I’d have to say Mark of Athena or House of Hades (Part of the Percy Jackson heroes of Olympus series. So there is a lot before) but they are beautiful

message 18: by ✧Sarah✧ (new)

✧Sarah✧ (bibliophagist1621) Can anyone seriously claim to have NOT teared up so bad after reading the epilogue of clockwork princess?

message 19: by Anushka (new)

Anushka (thefeministbooklover) | 28 comments Secrets by Jaqueline Wilson
Although it is meant for tweens, it is quite emotional.
I've also heard that The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns are heartbreaking reads

message 20: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Strong | 30 comments Try "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

message 21: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 93 comments The last book in the Books of Pellinor series made me cry so much. And my favorite thing about the series? Maerad and Cadvan are allowed to be just friends. Even though I ship them, the romance is saved until the very end.

message 22: by Devanshi (new)

Devanshi | 19 comments Friendships+emotional?
The Kite Runner, Radio Silence. The Wicker King

Friendships to die for?
The Raven Cycle. All For The Game by Nora Sakavic (ok thats not exactly friendship but a great team dynamic)

Emotional?
They Both Die At The End
The Song Of Achilles (ugly tears. totally rips your heart out and no stopping)

message 23: by B. (new)

B. Goodwin | 63 comments Emotional? Try B. Lynn Goodwin's award-winning YA, Talent. Talent

message 24: by meg (new)

meg (maymarie) | 4 comments Our Dark Duet or The Infernal Devices. You love every character so much. I cried for hours after the Infernal Devices.

message 25: by eli ♡ (new)

eli ♡ You guys should read American Street. It's really emotional and powerful, so I really enjoyed that novel. But I don't think I could read it again because of some tragic events throughout the novel.

message 26: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 93 comments The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.

message 27: by eli ♡ (new)

eli ♡ I've heard of that novel a lot, but what is the general concept of the novel "The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue"?

message 28: by Erin (new)

Erin @Sofia

IM TRYING TO GET A COPY OF THAT BOOK BUT THERE'S 118 HOLDS BEFORE ME!!!!!!! IM GONNA DIE

message 29: by B. (new)

B. Goodwin | 63 comments I've looked at a number of these books and I'm impressed by the range and quality. So many books, so little time.

www.writeradvice.com

message 30: by Jin (new)

Jin Ryoo | 208 comments The Fault in Our Stars. Guaranteed to make you cry!!!

message 31: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 93 comments @Lanae A girl makes a deal with the devil for immortality in exchange for her soul, and everyone who meets her will forget her.