What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Medieval Fantasy about knight society where main character is female

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (last edited Aug 09, 2020 06:46AM) (new)

Katie | 3 comments A girl/young woman joins a knight group (possibly a secret one? + contains men and women) and learns how to fight/ride a horse etc... I think, the group fights evil spirits in deserted villages which they travel to. Some characters may have powers (?) And there is a love story between her and one of the other knights. I seem to recall a carriage scene with her family near the start and her trying to teach herself to fight alone with straw dummy before she joins the group. I believe she joins the group after one of her friends from home also joins. I probably read this in 2014-2016.

message 2: by Summer (new)

Summer | 254 comments This is a long shot, but perhaps the Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce? There are four books, starting with First Test. She goes to knight school where she learns things like jousting, other students do have magic powers, and the fourth book involves her trying to rescue a group of kidnapped kids from an evil magician turning them into ghosts to power killing machines.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments Summer wrote: "This is a long shot, but perhaps the Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce? There are four books, starting with First Test. She goes to knight school where she learns things ..."

I've had a look and it definitely isn't that (or any of Tamora Pierce's work) but thank you anyway!!

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19571 comments Do you remember if they were referred to specifically as knights?

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Do you remember if they were referred to specifically as knights?"

I dont remember so prehaps not... I think they had swords though

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19571 comments Might want to check the Young Adult Female Fighters list.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

First Test (other topics)