Play Book Tag discussion

Sparrow Hill Road (Ghost Roads, #1)
This topic is about Sparrow Hill Road
August 2020: Witches > [Poll Ballot] Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 1293 comments Rose Marshall is a famous ghost. There are hundreds of stories told about her, usually over a campfire or during sleepovers.

She can tell when someone else nearby is about to die. And sometimes she can save them. Not always, but she has to try. She has witches and banshees and other random dead/not-dead entities in her "life". Oh and she hitchhikes everywhere and has a crazy un-dead ghost chasing her all over the country.

This book is essentially a collection of inter related stories. At first I found it a little off-putting, but once I got into the rhythm of the book I really liked it. It's part of the InCryptid universe, and there are just a couple cross-over references to that series.

message 2: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5784 comments This sounds appealing. Olive Kitteredge was like that with the interrelated stories (no ghosts though!) It took some getting used to, but I liked the way it enabled us to see multiple perspectives.

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 1293 comments Nancy - I loved Olive Kitteredge too. And you're right the same sort of overlapping stories.