What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

And by the Way… (Butterfly, #1)
This topic is about And by the Way…
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 3 part young adult book series with Irish high school girls. One girl falls in love with a guy in a wheelchair. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naomi (last edited Aug 08, 2020 08:48PM) (new) - added it

Naomi | 4 comments Trying to find the name is the series or the books. The storyline overlaps across the three books. I've read two out of the three. Read the books somewhere between 2008-2014

One book is about a blonde girl who gets caught shop lifting and has to do community service in an aged care home. While assisting with bingo she sees a bearded man in a wheelchair. They talk and at first he is quite rude. She finds out that he is actually the same age as her and he really enjoys sport. She shaves off his beard and finds him quite attractive. They end up falling in love.

All I remember from the other book is one of the girls sleeps with her friend's brother. Brother is older with dark hair. She ends up getting pregnant.

Other random things I remember:

- They ride the DART to school
- One of them has a twin brother
- One of them starts up a dog sitting business
- One of them has a rock star dad
- One of them has a family member that passes away
- One of them is called Rachel

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19680 comments Might want to check the Irish YA list.

message 3: by Naomi (last edited Aug 10, 2020 01:21AM) (new) - added it

Naomi | 4 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Might want to check the Irish YA list."

Thank you! I didn't realise there would be such a specific list. For those wondering this is the Butterfly series by Denise Deegan. Main book I described is And for Your Information…, it's a great read!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35395 comments Mod
Glad you found your book series, Naomi. The first book is And by the Way… by Denise Deegan which we'll shelve for a series.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19680 comments You're welcome, glad you found it!