What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Historical Romance. Dukes and duchesses. Heroine (ex-gypsy?) inherits an estate from her dead, abusive husband. Hero is wealthy neighbor, grouchy loner, enemies-to-lovers plot.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Thompson (olisworld) | 1 comments I think I remember reading this book back in 2017-2018. I found it on an EPUB or EBOOK site and I downloaded on my iPad and completely fell in love, but than my iPad glitches and deleted my entire library and I don’t have the greatest memory so for the life of me I cannot remember what this book was but it’s such an amazing book. Please help me find it! ! ! —> everything is very patchy so please work with me.

Genre: N/A Fantasy, Dukes and Duchesses

From what I can recall:
The main heroine inherits an estate from her dead abusive rich husband who she did kill, her back story is I think she was a Gypsy and there’s a part in the book where they mention she kills all the men that had taken part in her r*pe done by her husband. But she inherits this estate and she has this man who is her right hand man who has had his tongue cut out.

And then the male protagonist is her neighbor who lives right across from her and they hate each other of course. ( I love a good enemies to lovers book) he is also of wealth but also very grouchy and keeps to himself until he takes interest in the heroine. I keep thinking that his name is Gregory but that sounds off!

Another main part is that there is another wealthy man involved and he grows to like her and so does his family but she doesn’t show the same affections but being friendly she continues on with the relationship until the main male protagonist inserts himself into the family also. There’s also a scene where she hurts her hands trying to pick out all the rose bushes and he tends to her wounds after them insulting one another lol. —> I also remember he calling her hag and witch a lot and she also insulting him but they fall in love towards the end.

So please I know this is all very vague but it’s all I got, help me find it I’d be indebted to you forever!!! Thanks byeeee 😊

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35362 comments Mod
Olivia, I removed the ALL CAPS from the topic header. (It looks like shouting.)

That's a good start. You must copy plot details (from your first post) to the topic header (title), so someone could recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of romance requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 4: by Kris (last edited Aug 11, 2020 05:48PM) (new)

Kris | 35362 comments Mod
I added some plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers. Feel free to edit it.

You mentioned "fantasy." What are the paranormal elements?

message 5: by S (new)

S | 4 comments Could it be Wuthering Heights? I know its common but the plot sounds like it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dark Side of the Sun (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Addison Cain (other topics)