What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Female detective w/ previous trauma solves murder/corruption case. Spoiler ahead. Begins as she and police partner dealing w drunk father holding his family hostage - father kills himself. Villain of the book is a female politician/business and her mother

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tor Eirik (last edited Aug 08, 2020 11:17PM) (new)

Tor Eirik | 5 comments Read in 2017, physical copy, English langugage. I'm guessing the book was published sometime between 2005-15. Spoilers ahead.

I believe the setting is Los Angeles. The book starts with the detective and her inexperienced police partner trying to deal with a drunk father holding his family hostage. The father kills himself and the inexperienced policeman resigns. The detective has a son from a previous marriage, but she does not have custody because she has some personal problems/ trauma.

The main plot in the book is her trying to solve either some corruption or murder charges surrounding a powerful political (I believe) female. In the end it turns out to be the political woman's mom who committed the murder or something and she attacks the lead character with a shotgun towards the end.

Cheers

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35348 comments Mod
Tor, please copy more plot details (from your first post) to the topic header (title), so someone could recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers. I added a spoiler alert to the header.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)