Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Someone else added my book under their name

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (last edited Aug 07, 2020 04:28PM) (new)

Scott Baker | 1 comments I found that my book is attributed to another Scott Baker and I want this issue corrected. If the author had it added under his profile, I want to seek legal action. I want it connected to my profile immediately. Thank you.

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Scott wrote: "I found that my book is attributed to another Scott Baker and I want this issue corrected. If the author had it added under his profile, I want to seek legal action. I want it connected to my profi..."

You do not have an author profile, and you were responded to exactly 2 minutes after your request.

the automatic download from publishers and retail sites has no way to distinguish between authors of the same name, and as there are several Scott Baker authors, the books will go to the default profile, with one space.

When there are more than one author of the same name, Goodreads uses spaces between first and last name to disambiguate like name.

this profile has 7 spaces: Scott^^^^^^^Baker where the ^ equals a space.

To claim the book/author profile go this link and scroll down to where it says is this you.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Librarians deal with like named authors on a daily basis, and it is an easy fix.

Feel free to ask for Librarian assistance at any time, it is a resource available to authors and readers alike.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44178 comments Mod
Duplicate request has been removed. To avoid confusion, please only post requests once. If a day or two have gone by with no reply, it's fine to bump your request up by responding to your own thread. Goodreads Librarians are volunteers, and some requests may take some time to get a reply.

Goodreads Librarians are not employees of Goodreads, but volunteers. They cannot assist you with legal issues. You'll need to use the Contact Us link. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.