Play Book Tag discussion

The Couple Next Door
This topic is about The Couple Next Door
August 2020: Other Books > The Couple Next Door / Shari Lapena. 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8725 comments After the babysitter cancels last-minute, Marco convinces his wife Anne to leave their 6-month old baby home alone while they go (and take the baby monitor with them, plus a promise to check on the baby every half hour) to a dinner party at their neighbours’ place next door. When they arrive home an hour after they last checked on her (Anne trying to convince Marco to come home for that last half hour), the front door is open and their baby is gone!

This was really good. I wanted to keep reading. It turns out they both had secrets from each other. The neighbours were awful! I did figure out part of it at one point close to the end, but not all of it. And there was a twist (of course!). It was a fast read, and enjoyable.

Meli (melihooker) | 3450 comments I think I rated this a 3 but a very fun, twisty thriller. Great escapist, beach read.

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 1237 comments I really liked this one as well!

I have some of her other books on my TBR, but this is the only one I've read.

Have you read any of her other books - and did you like them?

LibraryCin | 8725 comments Sue wrote: "Have you read any of her other books - and did you like them?"

No, this is the first I've read by her, but I'm also interested in reading others. Sorry, I am unable to recommend another!

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1389 comments I thought this book was really suspenseful and it kept me reading to the very end because I wanted to know what was going on. BUT I hated all the characters, (view spoiler).

message 6: by Joi (last edited Aug 10, 2020 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3824 comments I remember reading this very distinctly because I read it in one sitting on a long flight. I haven't read any of her others, but would definitely give her another chance.

@Sue, other authors similar to this would be Mary Kubica, BA Paris, or Ruth Ware.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1389 comments I adore BA Paris!

LibraryCin | 8725 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "I adore BA Paris!"

And that's the only author of the three Joi suggested, whom I haven't yet read! Hmmmm....