Emerald Hills Academy for the Creative and Performing Arts discussion

Non-RP > Chat

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) Well let's get this chat going shall we?

I tell people "I'm a lesbian" because that's easier than saying "I'm a polyamorous asexual demisensual homoromantic panaesthetic with female lean".

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "Well let's get this chat going shall we?

I tell people "I'm a lesbian" because that's easier than saying "I'm a polyamorous asexual demisensual homoromantic panaesthetic with female lean"."

Wow! I didn't even know half of those things were even things!

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) Yeah, I get that a lot XD that's why I just use "lesbian"

message 5: by dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (last edited Aug 07, 2020 02:15PM) (new)

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) That sad thing is, if I was Demiaesthetic, I could joke around saying I'm ADHD because

Asexual
Demisensual
Homoromantic
Demiaesthetic

But alas, I am ADHP

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "That sad thing is, if I was Demiaesthetic, I could joke around saying I'm ADHD because

Asexual
Demisensual
Homoromantic
Demiaesthetic"

Before we dive too deep into this discussion, I just want to get this out, and I'm cool if you hate me for it.

I, as part of my religious beliefs, do not believe it is God's intent for humanity to be homosexual. Yes, I am still your friend. Yes, I will still love you. No, I am not judging you. No, I won't condemn you to hell. But understand that name-calling and stereotyping those of us who stand for what we belive is exactly what you don't want done to you. So in calling us "homophobes," or any other name, you are kinds being a hypocrite.

I get it if you hate me now, but I can deal with it.

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) I'm chill with that. One of my best friends, Jay (who left GR), was the same way.

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) Besides, I hate the word "homophobe." It's not a phobia, unless they're actually scared of gay people, in which case my reaction would be something along the lines of "Boo! Fear the rainbow!" because I'm a horrible person like that.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "I'm chill with that. One of my best friends, Jay (who left GR), was the same way."

My whole family is that way, and most of my Gay/Pan/Bi/Lesbian/whatever they are friends are cool with it. One of my friends totally stopped being my friend when I told her that. She literally screamed at me (and she is Christian, so this hurt me alot) "Caroline, the Bible is wrong this time!" I know in my heart that she probably didn't mean it fully, but it still stings.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "Besides, I hate the word "homophobe." It's not a phobia, unless they're actually scared of gay people, in which case my reaction would be something along the lines of "Boo! Fear the rainbow!" becau..."

Yeah. If you're afraid of gay people, that's an entirely different issue. Why are you afraid of your fellow humans? You're only afraid of them if you know they're gay. If your best friend for years was gay, just hadn't come out, and you thought they were straight wasn't scary before they came out, then why should they be any more frightening afterwards?

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) Oof... I mean, there's only one verse that I know of in the bible against homosexuality, and that was actually mistranslated by some German dude in the 1800s because it was originally against pedophiles, but I still get where you're coming from.

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) Layne wrote: "ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "Besides, I hate the word "homophobe." It's not a phobia, unless they're actually scared of gay people, in which case my reaction would be something along the lines o..."

Exactly!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

GTG! I am going to a friend's house for dinner, so see yall tomorrow!

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 07, 2020 03:03PM) (new)

Just kidding! I have one question for Gecko.

I know that when in reference to LGBTQ+ stuff, words ending in -sexual refer to who/what you are sexually attracted to and words ending in -romantic refer to who/what you are romantically attracted to. But, what do words ending in -aesthetic or -amorous mean?

Feel free to take your time with the answer.

message 15: by dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (last edited Aug 07, 2020 03:11PM) (new)

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) -aesthetic means finding people pretty or aesthetically pleasing. It's not a desire to touch them, it's just like, "That person is pretty".

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "-aesthetic means finding people pretty or aesthetically pleasing. It's not a desire to touch them, it's just like, "That person is pretty"."

Oh..... So it's not, like, a gay thing. A straight female can find females aesthetically pleasing, right?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "Yeah!"

Ahh... And what about -amorous?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "Yeah!"

Okay! I am attracted to males, but I still acknowledge the fact that some females are attractive, just they don't attract me. I have not had enough experience with non-binary/genderfluid people to know whether they're pretty/handsome or not. What does that make me?

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) The dictionary definition of -amorous is "showing, feeling, or relating to sexual desire." So for polyamorous, it's more the prefix that counts. While I was debating my sexuality, I asked a friend what polyamorous meant and this was their response.

"Polyamorous is an orientation that, like demisexual/demiromantic, can apply to anyone of any sexuality. It means that the person can feel romantic attraction to multiple people at once. Like true, genuine emotion, not just sexual attraction.
It's actually quite common, but because of the monogamous norms of most societies as well as the negative connotations of well known polygamous relationships (cults and questionable societies, mostly just men having "relationships" with lots of underaged women :( which is gross and totally not okay) most poly people just pick one person to be in a relationship with.
Poly relationships can work either of two ways.
1) one person in the relationship is poly and the others (usually two but can on a rare occasion be more) consent to that person being in a loving relationship with both/all of them.
2) multiple people who are poly are all romantically linked with one another.
3) a mix of the two. maybe two people are in a relationship and both are poly, and they each are in separate relationships with others who are not."

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) Layne wrote: "ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "Yeah!"

Okay! I am attracted to males, but I still acknowledge the fact that some females are attractive, just they don't attract me. I have not had enough experienc..."

I would say that you were either, bi-, pan-, omni-, or polyaesthetic. It depends on whether or not the gender of the person affects how aesthetically pleasing you think they are.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "The dictionary definition of -amorous is "showing, feeling, or relating to sexual desire." So for polyamorous, it's more the prefix that counts. While I was debating my sexuality, I asked a friend ..."

So it basically means you're okay with having a relationship with multiple people at one time?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "Layne wrote: "ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "Yeah!"

Okay! I am attracted to males, but I still acknowledge the fact that some females are attractive, just they don't attract me. I have not had en..."

I tend not to focus on how attractive a man is because I don't want to turn into "that girl" who just obsesses over hot guys. I tend to speak about pretty women before I mention attractive guys.

dagger [ain't that a kick in the head] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) Layne wrote: "ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "Layne wrote: "ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "Yeah!"

Okay! I am attracted to males, but I still acknowledge the fact that some females are attractive, just they don..."

Okay then, I'd say panaesthetic

Layne wrote: "ƓąӀӀąղէ Ɠҽҽҟվ Ɠąվ Ɠҽçҟօ wrote: "The dictionary definition of -amorous is "showing, feeling, or relating to sexual desire." So for polyamorous, it's more the prefix that counts. While I was debating..."

Yeah, pretty much.

message 25: by kylee, (new)

kylee,  (allmyfriends_arefictional) Wow....
I just learned more in 5 minutes then what I've learned in 3 years

Thank you Potatgeckunidaggg and Layne

Anyways... who wants to rp?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

|NoShipSherlock| wrote: "Wow....
I just learned more in 5 minutes then what I've learned in 3 years

Thank you Potatgeckunidaggg and Layne

Anyways... who wants to rp?"

Our characters (Lemony & Thomas) share a dorm, we could RP there?

message 27: by kylee, (new)

kylee,  (allmyfriends_arefictional) Sounds good! I'll post first.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

i will make this live again lol XD

message 29: by kylee, (new)

kylee,  (allmyfriends_arefictional) I LIVE

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I will make my group active again, I swear!