Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Husband tells wife to leave, wife pregnant, when H realizes he can't find her ...

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JennyG (last edited Aug 07, 2020 12:35PM) (new)

JennyG | 107 comments Could this be an HP? I hope you can help identify it.

Aj is looking for the following book:

-The wife came home one day and was going to tell her husband that she was pregnant. She had a gift to reveal it. They were in his home office I believe and something happened and there was an argument. The husband then tells the wife to get out. He does not know that she is pregnant at this time.

-A few months (?) go by and the husband is drinking in his home office and he drops his glass. When he goes to pick it up/ clean it up he spots the gift under the sofa (?) and when he opens it he realizes that his wife that he kicked out is pregnant. So he starts trying to find her but he can find no leads.

-The wife is now working at a diner in a little town and is renting a small apartment above a store (?) She is having a difficult pregnancy. Her doctor, I believe is a woman and tells her that she needs bed rest.

-Eventually her husband gets a lead that she may be in this town. When her husband and his security guy get there, they can't find out where she is living or working. I think the husband actually bumps into her at night but she is wearing a big coat, hat, and big winter boats and when he asks her something she doesn't really respond, so he doesn't know that is her.

-I think at this time there is a winter or Christmas event going on in the town.
-Husband is very well off. I think the wife is young. When he told his wife to leave she had no money and I don't think she had any family.
-The doctor is just the small town one because she doesn't have money and so that doctor is looking out for her.
-The townspeople are not helpful to the husband and security guy.
-Hero finds her while she is still pregnant - maybe around 8 months but I'm not sure

Original post: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Thank you very much for all of your help in advance!

message 2: by Belle (new)

Belle (ntldlvfrhm) | 24 comments Sounds interesting! Has it been solved?? :)

message 3: by B (new)

B (theothermrsc) | 2 comments Is it this? "Wanted: Despite his fiancée’s chilling betrayal, developer Ryan Beardsley provided for Kelly Christian when he sent her packing. Discovering her down and out—and pregnant in Houston— leaves him livid. Whether the baby is his or not, Ryan demands that Kelly return to New York with him. For the baby’s sake. Or maybe for his own… Wanted was originally published as Wanted by Her Lost Love"

Kristi (foxtail_too) (foxtail_too) | 3 comments B wrote: "Is it this? "Wanted: Despite his fiancée’s chilling betrayal, developer Ryan Beardsley provided for Kelly Christian when he sent her packing. Discovering her down and out—and pregnant in Houston— l..."

That is the one that I was thinking about, but the OP in the other thread has ruled that one out. (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...)

message 5: by Belle (new)

Belle (ntldlvfrhm) | 24 comments I think so not too, in Wanted, they aren't married, right? And also he found her immediately... Hmmm

message 6: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 180 comments Sounds good. Hope someone knows the title =)

message 7: by Nourhan (new)

Nourhan | 1 comments sounds very good,i hope someone finds it

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen | 5 comments Any updates?

message 9: by Bee (new)

Bee Mills (beemills) | 50 comments Wow I really hope someone finds this, it sounds right up my alley

message 10: by Mou (new)

Mou | 81 comments Following

message 11: by JillyB (new)

JillyB | 37 comments Following

message 12: by Shilpa (new)

Shilpa Shetty | 11 comments Following

message 13: by Aneca (new)

Aneca | 8 comments The first two paragraphs sound like For Nick by Taylor Dean. But not the rest...

message 14: by IRE (new)

IRE | 14 comments This sounds really good, I hope someone finds itt!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.