Play Book Tag discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
August 2020: Witches > [pb]Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by J.K. Rowling

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NancyJ (last edited Aug 07, 2020 12:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5669 comments It's amazing to me that this book is still such a delight to read. I thought that because I know the story so well, I would just whip right through it, skimming through the duller parts. That didn't happen. I needed to savor every single word. It's been a long time since I read the book, and I didn't want to miss anything.

I first read this book with my youngest son in the late 1990's. I would read a page, he would read a page, etc. (I secretly finished it after he fell asleep.) It's a great book for reluctant readers as millions discovered. He was in a private school that seemed to read really boring books and he started to hate reading. This book helped spark his interest that summer, and it was so fun to watch. Our whole family got into the series. Every time a new book came out, I was at the bookstore at midnight to get it. Ten years ago we took the whole family to Universal Studios to the Harry Potter part of the park. It was still new then and we couldn't get into Olivander's shop to look at wands. We had a great time.

I was hoping to finally listen to an audio of this book, but there are surprisingly long wait lists at the library. Once I started the first page, I couldn't stop. We'll see if I have a little more patience to wait for the audio of the next book before I peak at the book.

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7986 comments Whenever someone here reviews the Potter books, it takes me back to the days when my daughter and I read them-wonderful memories

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8943 comments Fabulous Fabulous!

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1382 comments I always love rereading Harry Potter. It's always such a delight. It's not quite like the first time because you can't get that surprise when something happens you didn't know about back. But, it's almost like it because it's just as magical reading the story.

I'm in the process of rereading them right now and I'm on the third book and it's wonderful! I'm so glad you enjoyed your reread and that it was a joy to you!