Bookish Worms discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BOTM Suggestions > BOTM September 2020 Theme Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone!

(READ FIRST!!!!)

Here is the genre/theme suggestion thread for BOTM September. This thread will close on September 10thth, and a poll will be created.
This month after a group theme has been chosen, the winners of the challenge week from July will be choosing books to be entered into the final book poll!

Have fun with your suggestions and come up with something unique and creative! It doesn't just have to be normal genres!

Rules:

1.) Only one suggestion per person; if you suggest more than one I will ask you to pick which one you would rather have entered into the poll
2.) All theme suggestions already fall under YA
3.) If you suggest a theme and it gets picked in the poll, please suggest a book since it was your idea! :)
4.) Also- after the theme and final book is picked , if a book you
voted for won the poll, please participate when possible in
discussions (even if what you voted for didn't win, still
participate!)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mirzayee🇦🇫 (sarahmirzayee) | 1052 comments Mod
Maybe like superheros?

message 3: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) More uncommon Mythology books?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooo I love both of those ideas!

@LuminescentFirefly what would you classify as uncommon mythology? Just wondering for more clarification! :)

message 5: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I was thinking something other than Rick Riordan's books, because there are a LOT of other good ones out there.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

LuminescentFirefly wrote: "I was thinking something other than Rick Riordan's books, because there are a LOT of other good ones out there."

Haha yes thanks for clarifying! I love mythology and it would be great to find something other than Rick Riordan's books for that genre 😂

message 7: by Lynds (new)

Lynds (slytherkid) | 3 comments Maybe some type of WW2 or war fiction

message 8: by Ani (new)

Ani (anic) | 156 comments Dystopian! (not the Hunger games or the maze runner) perhaps something a little more underappreciated like Delirium? The 5th Wave? I'm sure there are more haha

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Ani wrote: "Dystopian! (not the Hunger games or the maze runner) perhaps something a little more underappreciated like Delirium? The 5th Wave? I'm sure there are more haha"

Cool I love the dystopian idea- in the poll I could put "underappreciated dystopian" as your nomination so that we won't end up possibly reading books like the hunger games

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Lynds wrote: "Maybe some type of WW2 or war fiction"

Ok sounds good!

message 11: by Ani (new)

Ani (anic) | 156 comments Yeah that sounds great! Thanks Natalie :)

message 12: by the_rabid_snail (new)

the_rabid_snail | 5 comments I noticed all of the previous books of the month were published very recently, so I thought it might be fun to read a classic whether it be a fantasy classic, sci-fi classic, mystery classic, or something else to compare and contrast books that have stood the test of time against newer books. It might be fun to examine how previous books of the month or just any book published recently measures up against one of the literary greats and to predict how well and how long recent books will last through the coming years. Just an idea I had that I thought might be fun, different, and interesting!

message 13: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) @Adela i third it. classics will be easier to get on my online libraries

message 14: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) The book I had in mind was actually released 5+ years ago, but if you want to read something different, you do you.

message 15: by Suditi (new)

Suditi (the_book_farer) Lynds wrote: "Maybe some type of WW2 or war fiction"

I like this!!! We can do historical fiction.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

The poll is out! Here is the link: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/2...

If I accidentally missed any suggestion please let me know!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.