What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fiction book, 2002-2008, girl and boy, cover was mostly black/pink with mysterious house silhouette, long title. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CC (last edited Aug 06, 2020 08:28PM) (new)

CC | 6 comments I read this book in middle-school. Likely published 2002-2008. I think it was part of the Scholastic reading list for YA fiction.
The story followed a boy and girl - sort of a coming of age story. There was a mysterious house and woods where the story took place. The setting was summer.
I remember mostly the cover: it was black and pink with a hint of teal perhaps. The sky was neon pink with a black silhouette of a house and trees. Perhaps a moon. The title was pretty long (4+ words at least). I appreciate any help!

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19559 comments Were the characters in high school or middle school?

message 3: by CC (new)

CC | 6 comments I think more middle-school aged. It did not take place at school at all, though.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19559 comments Can you remember any incidents in the book at all?

Was the MC the boy or the girl? Or both? Were they friends or siblings or potential boyfriend/girlfriend?

message 5: by CC (new)

CC | 6 comments I think the main character was the girl. They were strangers and then became friends. I can't remember any distinct events at the moment; it is mostly the book cover that I remember.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19559 comments Might want to check Middle Grade Silhouette Covers to see if anything looks familiar.

message 7: by CC (new)

CC | 6 comments No luck unfortunately

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19559 comments Possibly also take a look through the Middle Grade Summer Themed Books list. I didn't see anything that jumped out at me, though.

Emilie (emilierose) | 140 comments How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found matches somewhat in terms of color and description

message 10: by CC (new)

CC | 6 comments Emilie wrote: "How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found matches somewhat in terms of color and description"

Emilie, oh my gosh that is the book!!!!! It has been bothering me so long! Thank you so much for your help!

message 11: by CC (new)

CC | 6 comments SOLVED!!!

Title: How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found