Emerald Hills Academy for the Creative and Performing Arts discussion

Arts Classes > Studio Art Classroom

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 06, 2020 05:11PM) (new)

This is the classroom when the students learning studio art (painting, drawing, etc.) have their classes.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Christina Jackson entered her classroom where'd she be teaching Studio Art this year. She opened the lesson plan for today on her laptop. The students would be doing a watercolor project this morning with a tutorial she'd found online. It might seem a bit simple, but it was teh first day. Christine knew her students were capable, but she didn't want to push any first-years too much.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

((This is the project you'll be doing. This is the one I painted at home in May. RPers may do tht tutorial from home if they wish, but it is not required.
Customer image))

message 4: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments Ryan walked in, headphones on as Rebels played and she stepped to the beat of the song, sitting quietly near the front.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Annabelle and Thomas enter, one right after the other. The two fifteen-year-olds took a seat at a table together in the middle row.

Christina checked her class roster. "I think we're waiting for one more student."

((I don't want to start without Eva, so could we wait?))

message 6: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments ((Yeah sure))

message 7: by Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ (last edited Aug 09, 2020 02:01PM) (new)

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments ((Sorry!!!!))

Faith came in late and embaressed. She sat next to Annabelle.

message 8: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments ((Don’t worry about it!))

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments Faith fiddled with her fingers waiting.

message 10: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments Ryan absentmindedly hummed Hot Gurl Bummer while quietly pulling out a book and reading some of it.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sorry! I was doing something with my family.))

Christina checked the last name off her list and set her clipboard down.

Christina pointed to the paused video on the board. "Today," she said, "we are painting with watercolors." She passed out one bottle of magenta, dandelion yellow, and berry blue liquid watercolors per student. These were relatively cheap if you bought them in bulk, so each student got his/her own and they were allowed to keep them.

"Now," she continued, passing out two brushes to each student. "This might seem easy to you, but we have a first-year in this class," she gestured to Thomas, who looked down embarrassed that he was the reason the older kids had to do something easy. "and I didn't want to pressure him too much on his first day."

Christina gave each student a plate to use as a paint palette and a small jar of water. Unpausing the video, she said, "You may begin."

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments Faith started painting.

message 13: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments Ryan started sketching out the flower, the outlines light so that they wouldn’t show when she put the paint on.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Annabelle began sketching the outline of the flower, making sure teh lines were light enough to paint over.

Thomas began drawing the outline of the flower, but the lines were too dark. He got frustrated and nearly tore a hole in his paper trying to erase it.

message 15: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments Ryan looked over at Thomas and got up, getting her stuff as she sat down next to him. “Would you like me to help?” She asked quietly, her Irish accent apparent though it wasn’t in your face.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Thomas blushed, embarrassed to accept help. Reluctantly, he accepted her offer to help.

message 17: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments Ryan got a new piece of paper and showed him how to do it in light strokes.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Thomas looked at the drawing Ryan had made for him. "Can I just use this one?" he inquired of the older girl.

message 19: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments “Yes. Do you have it from here?” She asked, her speech a tiny bit formal.

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments Faith started painting. She looked at it and threw it away grabbing another piece of paper.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Thomas nodded. "I think I've got it."

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments Faith groaned and put her head down.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna placed a hand on Faith's shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments Faith shakes her head.
"I suck."

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm sure you're fine," Anna reassured her friend. Anna quickly re-sketched the outline and did the light wash layer on a new sheet of paper for Faith. "Do you want this one?" she offered, handing it to the other girl.

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments Faith smiled.
"Sure. thanks." she took it and started to paint over it.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna smiled at her friend. "No problem." She began to paint the next layer.

message 28: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments Ryan nodded and focused on her own, painting slowly and looking at it from all angles.

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments Faith sighs. She lets the painting dry and watches all the other people.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Just as teh video finished, Christina pressed the pause icon. "Alright," she addressed her students. "You guys have ten minutes to put finishing touches on your drawing, then turn it in. After, we'll get to know each other a bit."

Anna and Thomas both turned their papers in at the same time. Christina smiled and looked at their masterpieces. "Lovely," she praised their work. "Magnificent work."

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments Faith pulled it back and finished it. She handed it in and quickly walked back.

message 32: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments Ryan just put a coat of clear shiny paint on hers, making it look like actual dew drops and handed hers in with a small proud smile.

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments Faith gets up.
"I'm gonna go if that's okay."

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Christina looks at Faith and Ryan's work. "Lovely," she praises.

Anna looks at Faith, "That's fine with me. What's your next class?"

message 35: by xavier (new)

xavier | 32 comments Ryan smiled. “Thank you.” She said and slung her bag over her shoulder, heading out with her stuff.

Eᐯᗩ ᑕᗩᒪOᖇE ᗷᖇEKKEᖇ | 45 comments "math." she said rolling her eyes.