Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > My book doesn't have an ASIN listed

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by W.B. (new)

W.B. Wilson (webe1954) | 8 comments My book Eternal Diet 2nd edition does not have the ASIN listed. When I try to add it I am unable to do so. The ASIN associated with this title is; B082L4P1Y6. Please add this asin to my book.
Thank you.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22183 comments The book was already here so there was no need to add it again. Deleting.

message 3: by W.B. (new)

W.B. Wilson (webe1954) | 8 comments There is no link from the book to Amazon because the asin is missing.

message 4: by W.B. (new)

W.B. Wilson (webe1954) | 8 comments I was NOT trying to add the book again and my comment reflects that. I need the asin to be listed with the book.

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22183 comments If you search the ASIN you will find the book.

message 6: by W.B. (new)

W.B. Wilson (webe1954) | 8 comments I have the asin for my book. I want to add it to the book page on Goodreads. That way if a reader wants to look at the book on Amazon the link will take them to the book pagr. Right now the Amazon link associated with my book takes you to a generic diet book search.

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22183 comments Here is your book:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

It goes directly to the corresponding edition on Amazon.

message 8: by W.B. (new)

W.B. Wilson (webe1954) | 8 comments So, apparently it has been fixed. Wish I didn't have to go thru all that comment nonsense. What Scott was talking about was not what I was talking about. When I checked this morning, it did not go to the amazon page. Now it does. All he had to do was tell me the link was fixed.
And btw; the 2nd edition is the valid one.

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22183 comments The ASIN was already there before I even looked at it.
The links cannot be "fixed" by librarians. If the ASIN is there, and it is currently available on Amazon, it will work.

message 10: by W.B. (new)

W.B. Wilson (webe1954) | 8 comments It was not there as of this morning. I checked. Now, that particular book is not what shows up when you search for Eternal Diet. The other two are earlier and outdated versions. The 2nd edition is the active one.
How do I fix THIS problem now? The 2nd edition showed up on my list yesterday but only the outdated ones do now. I'd heard goodreads is a pain to navigate, Now I understand.

message 11: by lethe (last edited Aug 07, 2020 12:32AM) (new)

lethe | 13759 comments WB wrote: "It was not there as of this morning. I checked."

Very odd that you didn't find it, because the edition including ASIN was imported in December 2019. There was nothing to "fix".

message 12: by W.B. (last edited Aug 07, 2020 05:31PM) (new)

W.B. Wilson (webe1954) | 8 comments Finally got the ASIN link on Eternal Diet BUT: my page says I have NO books? WTF is going on? Somebody had to have been messing around with the information. Who messed it up?

message 13: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1635 comments Per Goodreads Policy, all initials get a . (period) in author names. Your book is under W.B. Wilson.

You will need to contact GR staff to merge your claimed profile into the correct profile. Librarians can not combine claimed author profiles.
Click to contact staff

message 14: by W.B. (new)

W.B. Wilson (webe1954) | 8 comments Miriam. I would have been happy to contact someone who knew how to help. This discussion forum was the closest thing I could find.
Amazon did contact me thru my twitter comments. Perhaps they did something.

message 15: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13759 comments WB wrote: "Miriam. I would have been happy to contact someone who knew how to help. This discussion forum was the closest thing I could find.
Amazon did contact me thru my twitter comments. Perhaps they did ..."

Even though Goodreads is owned by Amazon nowadays, they are still separate entities. Amazon cannot help you. As Miriam said, you will need to contact Goodreads Support (staff) to merge both author profiles.

Librarians, being volunteers, cannot merge claimed profiles.

message 16: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13759 comments I see your profile has now been corrected.