Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > 110k Adult Dark Comedy UK Based (2-3 betas)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Glen (new)

Glen Sibley | 3 comments Hello

I am looking for betas to provide feedback on the first draft of my first novel. It is set in the UK (where I am from) so ideally readers from here would be great, or perhaps someone who is familiar with British works.

My novel is about 110k words long and deals with the struggles of a former musician who was once in a promising band and is now trying to rebuild his life in a small Devon town after a suicide attempt.

The novel is character-led and explores themes of loss, depression, identity and belonging and contains sex and profanity.

Thanks

Glen

booksnooksandglory Hi Glenn I’d love to beta read for you. I’m an experienced reader (+10 books beta read in the last few months) and I work for very cheap (0,66$ each 1k words). I can work though Fiverr, Google docs/mail, or any platform you feel comfortable with. If you want a sample, to see my report format or more info you can contact me: norawatkinsbray@gmail.com
Thanks for considering me☺️

message 3: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Ghaffar | 145 comments Hi Glen,
I would love to beta read for you. I don't live in UK but have stayed in Bolton on holiday a few times. I also beta read lots of work from UK authors. I have actually beta read another novel on the same topic of a musicians struggle with mental health. My website is whatayeshareads.blogspot.com/p/beta-r... and you can find testimonials as well as more information about my work there. The rate I charge is $.50 per 1000 words so for 110K words it would be $55

Thanks,
Ayesha

message 4: by Wentzel (new)

Wentzel Lombard | 42 comments Hi Glen,

I'm not from the UK, but my training was in British English. The details of how I work are here: https://wp.me/Pc2xMk-M

message 5: by Marta (new)

Marta :} | 52 comments Hi Glen,
I would love to beta read for you as your book sounds great - I'm a Psychology Graduate and I could help with the mental health aspects. I'm not British, but I have read quite a handful of books set in Britain.
I offer general feedback on plot, characters, inaccuracies, any possible areas of improvement, initial reactions (my reactions as I read your book - my feelings and thoughts on particular scenes) and notes on the manuscript. Optionally, I ask authors to send me a list of questions if they are concerned about specific themes.
I charge 1 Euro per 1000 words and I offer a two weeks turnaround, you can check more details about my service here:
https://thecursedbooks.wordpress.com/...
You can contact me at marta_antonella@yahoo.com if you're interested.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Marta

message 6: by M.T. (new)

M.T. DeSantis (desantismt) | 44 comments Hi Glen,
I'm interested in beta reading your story. I'm not based in the UK, but I enjoy reading books with a decidedly British voice/style. My rate is $1/1000 words, and you can find more about me at http://kitnkabookle.com.