Historical Regency Romance Lovers Group! discussion

Welcome!!! > Welcome to this brand new group!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally (new)

Sally Forbes | 20 comments Mod
Welcome to this new group! Here we can meet each other and discuss books of our favorite genre!
You can always invite friends to join!

message 2: by Anu (new)

Anu (anusha_reads) Great!!

message 3: by Jenna (new)

Jenna M (oh_lemons) | 1 comments very cool:)

message 4: by Kindra (new)

Kindra Rabon (kindrarabon) | 1 comments Thank you for this group!

message 5: by Sally (new)

You are so welcome!
Can we make it active? Let's invite more friends to join!

message 6: by Lou (new)

Lou LaJeunesse | 1 comments Thank you for the invite. I am very pleased to be here.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2 comments Hello all, Thank you again for the invite. I am just finishing up a new book -Bringing Down The Duke by Evie Dunmore. Loved this story. Highly recommend.

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (shubbuch) | 3 comments Thank you for the invite! I live this concept and can't wait to get chatting.

message 9: by Sally (new)

Linda wrote: "Hello all, Thank you again for the invite. I am just finishing up a new book -Bringing Down The Duke by Evie Dunmore. Loved this story. Highly recommend."

Is that a good read? Please send us a link!

message 10: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1 comments Thanks for the invite . Glad to be part of the group.

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara (saradcj) | 2 comments Hello, thanks for letting me join! Regency Romance is the only thing that’s been able to keep my attention these days, so I’m grateful for this community. I’ve really just started reading the genre this past year, prior to this it was mostly chic lit, cozies, thriller, and YA. The authors I’ve read so far are Tessa Dare, Julia Quinn, and Elissa Braden, looking for any and all recommendations :)

message 12: by Sally (new)

Carol wrote: "Thanks for the invite . Glad to be part of the group."
Welcome!!

message 13: by Sally (new)

Sara wrote: "Hello, thanks for letting me join! Regency Romance is the only thing that’s been able to keep my attention these days, so I’m grateful for this community. I’ve really just started reading the genre..."
Welcome Sara!

message 14: by Sharon (last edited Oct 11, 2020 10:38PM) (new)

Sharon | 1 comments Thanks for having me. I recently finished Patricia Haverton's new book "Through the Eyes of a Blind Duchess". I really enjoyed it. Wonderful story. I recommend it.
I also read Abby Ayles, Fanny Finch, Emma Linfield, Hazel Linwood, Hanna Hamilton.

message 15: by Eloa (new)

Eloa Alexandrine (eloaalexandrine) | 1 comments Hi!! Call me El or Eloa. I just joined this group without any invites but please adopt me anyway? I'm just so happy to find a group for regency romance novels because I have recently become addicted to them. Authors I love so far include Lisa Kleypas, Sally MacKenzie, Tessa Dare, Julia Quinn and Vivienne Lorret. I do hope to know more authors and read more of their works so nice to meet you all. :)

message 16: by Sally (new)

Eloa wrote: "Hi!! Call me El or Eloa. I just joined this group without any invites but please adopt me anyway? I'm just so happy to find a group for regency romance novels because I have recently become addicte..."

Hello El! Welcome to our Regency community!

message 17: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) Hello everyone!
I love regency romance, but lately I've read a lot of cozy mysteries. But I'm currently also reading a book by Bree Wolf.

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma  (bumblingreads) Hi Everyone!

Glad to have found this group! Looking forward to joining in the discussions!

My favourite author would have to be Georgette Heyer, but I'm excited to get some recommendations!

message 19: by GRF (new)

GRF | 4 comments Hey there, I was looking for a group like this where historical (regency) romance lovers can improve their escapism hobby by exchanging thought, ideas and recommendations.
I just finished Bringing Down the Duke for the second time (this time the Audiobook, which was also very good). Wonderful love story, well written characters and an interesting- even though not all very original - plot. I wished Evie Dunmore would write faster ;) September 2021 is far, far away.
Can you recommend a similar book/author? Thanks. Greetings from Munich

message 20: by Sally (new)

GRF wrote: "Hey there, I was looking for a group like this where historical (regency) romance lovers can improve their escapism hobby by exchanging thought, ideas and recommendations.
I just finished Bringing..."

Welcome to this new Historical Romance group! Here you can find a lot of recommendations! Just search for them in the topics.

Thank you!

message 21: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Allen | 3 comments Oh, I'm super excited that I found this group! I absolutely love Historical Romance. My I am Natalie Allen, of the sunny St George, Utah. I'm nearly always reading a romance novel of this genre but I'm looking forward to new suggestions and ready to give my own. I'm an author of my own romance novels as well :D Can't wait to dive into this group!

message 22: by Shaz (new)

Shaz | 12 comments Hi I am Shaz. I am a great lover of all Historical Romance. I Like Julia Quinn, Johanna Lindsey, Brenda Joyce, Lisa Kleypas, Nicola Cornick , Eloisa James, Celeste Bradley, Nicola Jordan, Lynsay Sands. At the moment I am reading Once upon a Duke by Erica Ridley. Christmas story.

message 23: by Jill (new)

Jill Thanks for the invite. I am new to groups on GoodReads but I'm a life-long lover of books! I read many genres, including Historical Regency Romance. I enjoy books set in that era because they are usually clean romance. Also, I am fascinated with the society of that time.

message 24: by MG (new)

MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger* (martrob) | 7 comments I just joined and wanted to share this amazing news ----

For those of you who have read the Bridgertons series by Julia Quinn, a Netflix series based on those books will be premiering on Christmas Day (in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, and most of western Europe - see link at the bottom for specific release date by country info)!
Here is a link to the trailer --> https://youtu.be/sIsKen3y-mU

AND the voice of Lady Whistledown is JULIE ANDREWS!! (OMG!)! Also, the producer of the show is Shonda Rhimes!!

Release info by country --> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8740790/...

message 25: by Auszra (new)

Auszra King | 4 comments Thanks for this group! And of course I love everything Julia Quinn and Bridgertons and wish I had a crazy family like that.

message 26: by Auszra (new)

Auszra King | 4 comments Ok, I binged on Bridgerton and now have to wait a loooong time which makes me sad. I loved it, loved that Kate’s family was from India. Britain and India have a history alright. The cultures and languages have mixed so curiously that its impossible to avoid either in the other country.