What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Mystery book centered around a missing person in a town with message of hope/inspiration

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyla (new)

Lyla | 3 comments The book centers around a missing person of some sort, but also delves into multiple dynamics surrounding the dynamics of the town. The book is a bit of a mystery in that you have to keep reading in order to find out what happened (to be more specific - you are not sure if the missing person is dead or will be found). All of this sounds very dark, but there was also an undertone of hope and inspiration concerning human spirit. I also think it was set in a small town or community. I also think it was written fairly recently (this century for sure, but most likely the past few years).

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas! I know this is a vague description, but I love mystery and missing person page turners that aren't too depressing so any recommendations will be put to good use even if they don't turn out to be the book I'm looking for.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35383 comments Mod
Lyla, is this book for adults or teens?

Can you tell us more about the main characters? Country/region?

Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

message 3: by Lyla (new)

Lyla | 3 comments This book is for adults. I can't recall the main characters. The country is definitely somewhere in the United States, probably the east coast.

message 4: by Lyla (new)

Lyla | 3 comments Lyla wrote: "This book is for adults. I can't recall the main characters. The country is definitely somewhere in the United States, probably the east coast. I did not read the book, but stumbled upon it in a book store a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I set it down after only reading the back cover and by the time I decided I did want to buy it, I could not find it. This was a small bookstore which focuses on select titles and has a lot of local authors. I'm in NC which is why I think it might be set on the east coast. I also doubt it was written more than 10 years ago b/c they have a lot of more popular/current titles (being so small).

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin (smartblonde8302) | 3 comments Could it be Paper Towns by John GreenPaper Towns

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 302 comments Lyla wrote: "The book centers around a missing person of some sort, but also delves into multiple dynamics surrounding the dynamics of the town. The book is a bit of a mystery in that you have to keep reading i..."

Maybe Looking for Alaska