Play Book Tag discussion

Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, #7)
This topic is about Dead Beat
August 2020: Witches > Dead Beat - Jim Butcher (4 stars)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cora (corareading) | 1419 comments Dead Beat - Jim Butcher

4 stars

I am still enjoying my reread of this series. In this book we get to see Harry riding a Zombie version of Sue the Tyrannosaurus from Chicago's Field Museum into battle. This is one of the books in the series where there seems to be a lot going on rather than one focused mystery. It's purpose seemed to be to serve the larger plot arc of the series with the main story line as a vehicle to do so. I miss a lot of the supporting characters that are off scene in this one, but it was nice getting to know Butters the mortician better. I am looking forward to continuing with the next one after a couple witch tagged books that actually contain witches.

message 2: by annapi (last edited Aug 05, 2020 09:15AM) (new) - added it

annapi | 5097 comments I think this is my favorite of the series. Best opening scene, then best closing with the T-Rex!

Whoops, I'm mixing up the books. Best opening scene is book 6.

message 3: by David (new) - added it

David Putnam (davidputnam) | 283 comments Nice review. :-)

message 4: by Rachel N. (new) - added it

Rachel N. | 1550 comments annapi wrote: "I think this is my favorite of the series. Best opening scene, then best closing with the T-Rex!

Whoops, I'm mixing up the books. Best opening scene is book 6."

I just started reading book 6 and I have to agree the opening scene is great. Harry is providing some needed laughs.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dead Beat (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jim Butcher (other topics)