What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Parsifal Rides the Time Wave
This topic is about Parsifal Rides the Time Wave
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children’s book about a boy and dog hit by car, the boys has magical trip to Scotland. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judy (new) - added it

Judy | 4 comments This book was probably published in the 1960s. A boy is in the hospital after being hit by a car (his dog was hit too). A man, maybe a small magical type man, comes to his room and they go on a trip to Scotland wearing pith helmets. They meet Robert the Bruce and a collie and I think there is a battle, the boy wakes up in the hospital and gets to keep the collie. Bittersweet ending, I think the first dog was killed by the car. I think it is a short book, self-contained, not part of a series. I think the collie from Scotland is named Ban.

message 3: by Judy (new) - added it

Judy | 4 comments Thank you! That was fast.

message 4: by Judy (new) - added it

Judy | 4 comments I don’t know how to edit this. This book has been found; it is called Parsifal Rides The Time Wave. Thank you!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35366 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Judy. I marked your request as Solved by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5211 comments You're welcome.

message 7: by slauderdale (last edited Sep 04, 2020 11:29AM) (new)

slauderdale | 138 comments Thanks to Rosa and Judy for Judy's initial post and Rosa's answer - I was looking for this book too, and Rainbowheart spotted your thread and brought it to my attention (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...). I'd been wondering about this book for a few years but only got around to asking last year. Nice find.

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5211 comments Glad we could help, slauderdale!