The Sword and Laser discussion

Storm killed my cable

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6362 comments ‪Ho hum. Can’t watch tv or surf the Internet, except on my phone. The storm must have taken out 50 trees in my town. Now we’ll have plenty of firewood for firepits. I should read one of my 50 unfinished kindle books. I put over the air tv on for my mom using my old Star Trek antenna. ‬

message 2: by John (Nevets) (new)

John (Nevets) Nevets (nevets) | 1603 comments A year ago we had a bad storm come through and knock out power for most of a week (some had it well over a week). I don't have great cell service at my home, so I could get some text's out, but not much else. While I did have some devices charged up, I didn't know at the beginning how long this was going to be, so I started rereading some dead tree books I have, and graphic novels. Had forgotten how much fun that could be to read by flashlight.

Hope all is back to normal for you soon Tamahome.

message 3: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8768 comments Our power is going in and out here as Hurricane Isaias tears through. Took out my trailer park hummingbird sunshade. We will rebuild!

message 4: by John (Nevets) (new)

John (Nevets) Nevets (nevets) | 1603 comments Trike wrote: "Our power is going in and out here as Hurricane Isaias tears through. Took out my trailer park hummingbird sunshade. We will rebuild!"
Dude! how did you not take that down before the storm, it was a very fragile piece of art. And while I think the hummingbirds appreciated you trying to keep them dry, as well as cool, I have a feeling they were hunkering down during the storm. ;-)

message 5: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 4108 comments Storm killed Cable? Cyclops is gonna be pissed.

*shrug* He'll be back.

message 6: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8768 comments John (Nevets) wrote: "Trike wrote: "Our power is going in and out here as Hurricane Isaias tears through. Took out my trailer park hummingbird sunshade. We will rebuild!"
Dude! how did you not take that down before the ..."

I didn’t know the storm was coming! It was sunny and 77 right before it hit. The umbrella is write-off. Oh well.

Right before the storm (music!): https://www.instagram.com/p/CDedd6lBx...

After: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDfVx8KB6...

message 7: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6362 comments John (Taloni) wrote: "Storm killed Cable? Cyclops is gonna be pissed.

*shrug* He'll be back."

Good one. (There’s a dopamine hit for you.)